Paul Tacy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationWestern Mass.

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:15 PM

Apparently, I messed up creating a site plan.  Here's what I think I did:

In First Floor Plan, I went to Site mode, saved it as "site plan", and placed the building outline.

Nothing worked - shot points, setting in bushes, etc.  I looked at the floor plan, and the bushes were there.  Looked at the 3d, but no elevation changes.  No changes at all in Site Plan.

Anyway, I backed out of all of this as best I could.  Now the kitchen appliances and plumbing fixtures on the first floor are all shaded out.  In the Plan Set, they are black!  I erased the fixtures and put them in again with no change.  I closed the project, the program, and shut down the computer - no change.

If any of this makes sense, please help!

Thanks,

Paul

#2 randolph cohn

randolph cohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Locationmarin county - california

Posted 06 December 2015 - 03:40 PM

paul,

for starters you can draw your site plan while in the first floor drawing or in the floor plan that will penetrate the topography

which could be your foundation plan or basement /  remember you draw the site plan in "site mode"

but

you also want to do a "building outline" while you still have a floor plan in there and than do a

file / save as for the site plan. 

NOTE: you want the SITE PLAN to be "IT'S OWN DRAWING"

than you can erase everything in the site plan drawing except

the building outline and site and anything that you drew in on the site mode. (btw, draw in site mode features

when the site plan is it's own drawing)

TIP:  best to read up on drawing a SITE PLAN in either the "HELP" / at TOP right in softplan application

tip:   if you want to put a terrain in (topography)  after you draw the site polygon (it'll become shaded if it's a

complete site polygon > this is important)

now the first thing to do after you have the site polygon is to put the grade elevations in on the "CORNERS" of the polygon.

without doing this,  you can't develop the terrain / topography.

now it's a matter of reading and practice - practice - practice and asking a LOT of questions.

note:  go to the "start page" of 2016 plus and there are instructional videos on site on the page

or

go to splash and do a search for site

or

go to softplantuts.com and search there.

in terrain below,  you can smooth it out more than is showing.

depends on how much time you want to spend on it.

I don't have much patience.

click to enlarge

note: snow on the roof is with a snow texture on the shingles or maybe I

UN-displayed the shingles and put it on the sheathing.

01jpg-SNOW-scene-for-splash.jpg

click to enlarge

jpg3-USE-grades show trees.jpg   

click to enlarge

lake on tope / waterfall / surrounding river

jpg6 use waterfall more foam terrain mtn lake.JPG

randy

v10 to future 2016+ ;)

#3 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:05 PM

I always use GENERATE BUILDING OUTLINE in Site Mode on the Basement/Foundation Plan. This automatically creates a new plan in Site Mode, and doubles the standard workspace limits, ready to add all the site works and SAVE AS Site Plan. You can then add the Site Plan as the base level in the model.

If you do a SAVE AS "Site Plan" from a standard layout, you have reduced workspace limits, that you have to increase manually.

We have been through this before, and I personally find SAVE AS to be more work that starting a new plan with OVERLAY turned on. There's always something I forget to adjust (like wall heights). Just my 2ยข ... I know Randy and I agree to disagree on this point.

P.S. @Randy .... The lake, waterfall and river is brilliant.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#4 Paul Tacy

Paul Tacy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationWestern Mass.

Posted 06 December 2015 - 08:44 PM

Thanks for this, but my current concern is not how to create a site plan, but how to correct the problem of the blacked out appliances and plumbing fixtures.  I've tried everything I can think of to no avail.  I'm sure it all started when I messed up creating a site plan, but that ship has sailed.  Now I really need how to correct the floor plan.

Paul

''

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:52 PM

Typically, blacked out appliances are to do with the symbol paint, and is normally associated with Rooms Mode ... I'm not sure what you have done, and you haven't really given anybody enough information to really break down the issue.

Go to VISIBLE ITEMS and make sure that symbol paint is turned off in DRAWING MODE.

If that doesn't work, then to be honest I think your best source of help is going to be Softplan's Technical Support, and not a user forum. They will probably need access to your files.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#6 randolph cohn

randolph cohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:09 PM

to get rid of the blacked out symbols

go to /  options /  visible items  / drawing items /  and make sure "paint in symbols"  isn't checked

btw,  it's usually checked by default.

randy

v10 to future 2016+ ;)

#7 randolph cohn

randolph cohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:24 PM

the most important thing about site plan is to have site plan as it's own drawing.

the reason for this is than you can raise or lower "ALL THE FLOORS IN THE MODEL"

as one building.

this is done in site mode /

file / drawing options / drwg options / site options / check building position / and put in a dimension for building position  (up / down)

randy

v10 to future 2016+ ;)

#8 Paul Tacy

Paul Tacy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationWestern Mass.

Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:07 PM

Keith,

You are a genius!  I couldn't give much information, because I don't know how I got into this mess.

But, Symbol Paint was the answer!  All fixed!

Thank you so much.

Paul

• Geoffrey Savige likes this

#9 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:22 PM

You're very welcome.

Keith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users