#1 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationVilla Rica, Georgia

Posted 11 December 2015 - 02:22 PM

I like when I create an interior elevation (cabinets, built-ins) that I can put a marker down and it generates the drawing.  However the symbol that Softplan uses is not familar to the way I document my drawing.  I want the symbol to be drawing number on top and sheet number on bottom; not have the bottom section split in two to show the plan and the view (not sure what the view is).

Can this default symbol be changed or am I regulated to inserting the call out manually with a symbol?

"remember... what we are building today, should be what we want in the future"​
Version 10 to Version 2024+ and beyond
www.residentialproductions.com

#2 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 11 December 2015 - 02:58 PM

Pretty sure that's a fix item.

#3 PAUL LADNER

PAUL LADNER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 11 December 2015 - 04:57 PM

Tom, would you mind explaining what you're referring to?

It sounds like something different than putting a section line down to get an interior cabinet elevation.

Is the a v2016 thing?

#4 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationVilla Rica, Georgia

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:15 PM

This is how it is done with Softplan interior elevation control.  It has the split section on the bottom.  This is in 2016 under Model-Interior Elevation

2015-12-11 (2).jpg

This is what I want it to look like. I have to go back and delete what Softplan does and put in my own symbols

2015-12-11 (1).jpg

"remember... what we are building today, should be what we want in the future"​
Version 10 to Version 2024+ and beyond
www.residentialproductions.com

#5 PAUL LADNER

PAUL LADNER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:09 PM

Thanks Tom.  This looks like a v2016 feature.  I'm still in v2012, so I'm in the dark.

#6 Kris Marteinsson

Kris Marteinsson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSalmon Arm, BC

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:08 PM

This is an old post but I don't see an answer. I have the same question. I have never seen a three part section label before and want my regular two part label.

Second question is how to change the automatically applied section  letter to something else. I know this is possible as the label dialogue appeared once when I was fooling with the section line but for the life of me, I can't find it again. Any solution out there?

Kris

#7 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationSilverton Oregon

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:56 PM

The 3-part label type is from way back when- a definite carryover from hand drawing days. I know of no other program that uses that style. I have been requesting the option for other marker styles for many versions now. Still nothing. Squeaky wheel though folks so the more of us that can submit a suggestion to Softplan requesting more options the better chance we have of getting just that!

#8 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:18 PM

Personally, I only ever show a 1 part label ... just to indicate the section or elevation view. I don't want to reference the sheet. So for my part, I only ever use custom labels. On a related topic, I don't want Softplan to show section lines either ... Does anyone know how to stop it asking once you've said NO? Does it not understand that NO means NO!

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#9 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:35 AM

Does anyone know how to stop it asking once you've said NO? Does it not understand that NO means NO!

Unfortunately that's a recurring problem that affects other functions also; schedules, dimensions, etc...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users