#1 Neil Paquette

Neil Paquette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationLudlow, MA

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:29 PM

Been a Softplan user since V5.0.  However there is a simple command I use on another CAD package I can't seem to find here.  "Copy to layer".  ie, I wish to copy an item from an E-layer (Existing) to a D-Layer (Demo), yet keep the original on the E layer.  Basically I want to copy the plumbing fixtures to the demo plan, then move them to the A-layer (New Architectural) to show we are demo'ing existing then replacing with new.  

Most likely something right under my nose, but I'm missing it.

Thank you much.

Neil Paquette

CHD

#2 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:06 PM

You could use "Copy to Softplan Clipboard" and then "Paste to Softplan Clipboard". If you switch to the layer you want before pasting, it will put it on that layer.

#3 Neil Paquette

Neil Paquette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationLudlow, MA

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:19 PM

Tried that.  When I copy something to the Softplan Clipboard, then paste it while in another layer, it pastes to the original layer.  

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:30 PM

I'm not at a Softplan machine at the moment, so can't test this, but try:

Use CTRL to select objects to copy (either block select or select individual elements). COPY TO SOFTPLAN CLIPBOARD, then PASTE FROM SOFTPLAN CLIPBOARD and HOLD POSITION, and then immediately while objects are still selected, right click and SET LAYER. This will set a new layer for the original objects, but leave for the copies on the original layer. I think ...

EDIT ... Sorry ... Just run a test. That doesn't work either - Pasting over a selected object seems to replace it AND deselect it.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:14 PM

Tried that.  When I copy something to the Softplan Clipboard, then paste it while in another layer, it pastes to the original layer.  

Sorry Neil, I can't reproduce that behaviour. As far as I can make out copying (using either CTRL or marquee select), changing the layer and then pasting (either anywhere or hold position) always results in the object being put on the NEW layer. As Yvon stated above.

I've tried it with objects both on the default layer and random layers. In NO test could I make the object paste onto the original layer.

If these are symbols, check that you don't have a default layer set for the symbol.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users