• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel Just

Daniel Just

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:26 AM

I just updated from Softplan 2012 to Softplan 2016. I liked using the type erase in the 2012 and now in the 2016 version when I do the type erase it erases everything. I usually make my Mainfloor plan and save a copy as the Foundation and then use the "type erase" to erase everything except the bearing walls and the stairs.  Can someone help me with this? Thank you

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:43 AM

Type erase still works as it always did as far as I am aware. Click type erase and check what you want to erase. What do you see that's different? ... Having said that, I can't remember it working differently, but that may be a memory thing.

The only difference is you can now choose "Drawings in Model" or "Current Drawing"

Attached Thumbnails

• 2016.01.12_10h41m38s_001.png

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Philip Frank

Philip Frank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:45 AM

Hi Russ,

I had the same problem when I switched. You also need to uncheck the "Building Options" when using the "Type Erase" the way you described. If you don't, it will erase all the building options in your drawing.

Attached Thumbnails

• Type Erase.JPG

• Ben Ginther likes this

#4 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:46 AM

Can you clarify? When you say everything, do you mean the complete plan? I don't see a difference with the way it should have worked in 2016. If I select for example "Speed Notes", only the speed notes erase.

#5 Daniel Just

Daniel Just

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:48 AM

BOOOOM, Thank you Philip Frank!!! You are a hero, dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

#6 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:59 AM

Russ, Building Options is something that you'll have to get use to in 2016. The main item that you have to be careful with is that if you edit something to be on a Building Option, you have to uncheck "Default" which will automatically be selected otherwise If you turn off the Building Option, it will still remain on because Default is still checked. If you draw an item and your corresponding Building Option is selected as your active mode, then it will only check the Building Option without Default being checked.

#7 Daniel Just

Daniel Just

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:06 AM

Thank you for all the help. I appreciate the quick responses!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users