3 replies to this topic

#1 Kris Blalock

Kris Blalock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationFranklin, TN

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:50 AM

I am trying to install softplan on my Surface Pro 3, its installed, running, but when i install the patch, it goes all the way through set up and when you hit finish after readme, it has pop up that Setup.exe has stopped working.  Just says "a problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."  

Anyone able to help me with this?

#2 Kris Blalock

Kris Blalock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationFranklin, TN

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:57 AM

FYI, i downloaded patch from Softplan website, ran it, and it says "The destination Folder does not contain a SoftPlan Pro Installation."

#3 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:20 PM

You do have your key plugged in your Surface Pro 3?

#4 Jim Crook

Jim Crook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationGravenhurst, Ontario, Canada

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:49 AM

Whenever I was installing a series of patches on the older versions of Softplan ( when you used to have to install the patches in order )

I would  get that message on some patches but I'd  just close out after I got that message and then went ahead and installed the next

patches in order and they installed no problem.  

I never had any issues with Softplan not working correctly afterwards.   This led me to believe that despite getting that message that the

patch actually did install fully and correctly.  It always made me wonder if the message was not a Softplan message but maybe some

sort of Windows message instead ?  

Not sure if this helps or hinders but just thought I'd give you my past experience.

Just as a side note " has anyone ever had Windows find a solution when it says it's looking for one"  ?????

JimC

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: patch, install, 2014 patch, 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users