randolph cohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Locationmarin county - california

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:50 PM

i'll be getting 2016 in less than a week,

have seen a "First" rendering from a softplan user who just started using 2016 and looks very close to photo-realistic.

also was sent a "FIRST" test "walk-thru" and it shows a lot of promise. 

wasn't too excited about using walk-thrus but after the video i received, i might change my mind.  could be a deal maker.

signed randy,  v10 to v2016

• Jeff Hamilton likes this

randy

v10 to future 2016+ ;)

#22 Warren Ducote

Warren Ducote

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationMontgomery, Texas

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:05 PM

I received Softplan 16 today and I must say that the installation went flawless.

Start to Finish about 3 hours total. It might have taken less time but I keep going outside and playing with the dogs instead of staring at the monitor. So sometimes I came into the house to check on things and it had already finished what it was doing.

I archived everything to my backup drive and copied all of my drawings to my backup drive. Once Softplan had finished loading, I restored all of the archived stuff and then copied all of my drawing to my Project Folder.

Tomorrow I will start playing with the program and hopefully on Monday I will be able to rock and roll. 

#23 Ron Mejeur

Ron Mejeur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationKalalmazoo, Mi

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:26 PM

After taking so long on my desktop last Wednesday, I loaded on my laptop on Saturday, but this time I didn't migrate the settings and projects.  Only took about 45 min from start to finish (more like other upgrades).  I think migration of settings, symbols and projects are the time killers.

Ron Mejeur

#24 Trevor Gamble

Trevor Gamble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:45 AM

I am a softplan + User and the only notification I received was looking at their website.  I ended up emailing on delivery dates and then they sent the manual out and received the download link.

#25 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:01 PM

UPS man just showed up at my house.  Guess I won't be taking the wife to the movies tonight after all!!!

• Gary Hood likes this

#26 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:20 PM

Here is a comment from Softplan;

admin

February 27, 2015 at 2:32 pm Reply

SoftPlan users tend to work together so the 2016 +’s are being rolled out by geography. We want to minimize the chance of one user getting a version ahead of a local user that they work with. The release also has to be somewhat metered so that our support department can still provide assistance. It looks like about 24 states have been processed so far. It could take another 4 weeks to process the remainder.

In Canada, they say that 7 of 10 provinces have been processed.

#27 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:19 PM

This is great to know, just to not feel slighted, I'm in Tommy Davis's neighborhood

If I get mine in 3 weeks, I'm happy.  really I'm happy anyway as there is work to do and the banks are lending and people are building.

A great atmosphere in Florida.

Now after the bad winter all the snowbirds will want to move to my county.

2016 will just add to an already good situation

#28 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:19 PM

Thought I would see more input on splash about 2016?   wondering if a lot of people have it, I'm in Florida and haven't gotten it yet. 

Just thought I would be hearing info on how it's a rockin

#29 Chris Stewart

Chris Stewart

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:57 AM

Someone had posted on the linkedin site that shipping was scheduled to be completed this past Tuesday but it seems several states are still not shipped. 

I would guess it will be done within a few weeks now and maybe as an added bonus they will have had enough time to work out a few bugs. 

All comments are my opinion only and may or may not be correct
-Chris

#30 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:13 AM

Last week, they identified that it would take about 4 weeks to complete the states.

#31 Thomas Davis

Thomas Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationOrange Park, Florida

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:24 AM

Whoo Hooo! I just received my email yesterday! Supposed to be delivered March 6th!

Fred, I am sure your email will be coming very soon!

#32 Michael Landry

Michael Landry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationEaston, Ma.

Posted 05 March 2015 - 08:15 PM

Looks like mine will be arriving Tuesday. I guess you can scratch Massachusetts off the list of states

waiting to receive the upgrade.

#33 Michael Collazo

Michael Collazo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationTampa Florida

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:45 PM

I have not yet received an email and I am in Florida. I will request a disk on Monday and play it safe. I will probably play some of the expense for shipping, but I have work I am missing out on with people who want to start a project on 2016 collaboratively.

"When all else fails, do the opposite."

#34 James Ryan

James Ryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationEaston, MA

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:50 PM

looks like delivery got pushed back a day, original email was to receive on Tuesday, now tracking, it will be Wednesday in MA

James Ryan

V 2018+ .3.3

#35 Bruce Swarbrick

Bruce Swarbrick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:13 AM

Tried to download 2016 and it gets hung up on trying to load and old program that was not used since 2011 and I thought was deleted.  It is doing it in the zip download part but not sure where because there is nothing to show download progress.  Anybody else having this problem.

So far I have about 6 different starts.  I guess I will delete all started downloads and restart it again over night as internet may be freer.

Bruce

Bruce's CAD Service
caryl@sasktel.net
(306)296-7777

#36 Jeff Hamilton

Jeff Hamilton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:35 AM

Are there still people (besides me) who has not received 2016?  I dont get notification from UPS so I am just left looking out window waiting to see what brown can do for me.  My problem is one of my outside drafters received it last week and is up and running, however I cant open any of his work since I am still stuck on 14.  I have to rely on PDFs from him.  What makes me more bummed is I have been on Softplan for 10 years,  He started last year.   :angry:

#37 Guest_Derrik Bauer_*

Guest_Derrik Bauer_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:41 AM

I feel your pain!  SP 10+years, no email yet.

I have several projects that are perfect for the new Google Earth feature.....    

#38 Chris Stewart

Chris Stewart

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:51 AM

still waiting here

All comments are my opinion only and may or may not be correct
-Chris

#39 Jim Johnson

Jim Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:28 AM

Still waiting in PA!

#40 Gary Hood

Gary Hood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationParksville B.C.

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:01 AM

Yep, still waiting in B.C. Personally, i think we should of got it quite a while ago! The housing starts are going nuts around here. I don't think there are that many starts back east, whith all the winter weather they have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users