#1 Dominic Ward

Dominic Ward

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationPuyallup, Washington

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:56 PM

It looks like they are shipping out for sure as I just checked my email and I received a UPS shipping email. It looks like it will arrive next Wednesday. :)  This is great news. Looking forward to start playing around with the new features.

Dominic

• John Honea likes this

Dominic Ward

Currently using Softplan 2014 Version 3.4, Softplan 2016, and Softplan 2018 version 3.0

#2 Tim Stockton

Tim Stockton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationWichita, KS

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:11 PM

Just received my email that mine is coming Monday.  Looks like Monday will be a late night for me!  Can't wait to get my hands on this release!!!  I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. :D

#3 Thomas Davis

Thomas Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationOrange Park, Florida

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:21 PM

they must be starting from the bottom of the alphabet W to A or something. I still don't have any emails  :angry:

#4 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:52 PM

I'm thinking not alphabetically but maybe by how long you've had Softplan +, or maybe how long you've had Softplan, maybe a lottery or something, maybe numbers in a hat.

Sure looking forward to it.

#5 Warren Ducote

Warren Ducote

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationMontgomery, Texas

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:55 AM

Been with Softplan since Version 9 and Softplan Plus since day one. No email. I was always under the impression that those with Softplan Plus would get upgrades first. Must not be the case.

#6 Thomas Davis

Thomas Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationOrange Park, Florida

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:01 AM

I think SoftPlan should look the member list of this forum and send out the upgrade to those people first!! 

• Todd Williard likes this

#7 Harry Staab

Harry Staab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:31 AM

Called sales today just out of curiosity and uncontrollable excitement for the upgrade and found they have no information about when we would receive our stuff. The kind fellow on the other end did inform me that 2016 was being shipped first to new customers and then to + subscribers.

While I would like to consider myself a patient person (oh, mother), I agree that SoftPlan may be dropping the ball on Plus subscribers..

From the SoftPlan+ page -

//SoftPlan+ subscribers have no cost access to the latest version SoftPlan has to offer. Receive all of SoftPlan’s time saving enhancements as soon as an updated version is released.//

ahp-horizontal-houseplans-180.png?15058

#8 Gary Hood

Gary Hood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationParksville B.C.

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:43 AM

Well, I have SP+, plus I've had SP since V3 in 1990, so those aren't factors! It'll get here when it gets here, but are we there yet? :)

#9 Chris Stewart

Chris Stewart

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:43 AM

Personally I think that there are a dozen or two power users here that answer 98% of the questions that would probably be better to get the new version first. 

All comments are my opinion only and may or may not be correct
-Chris

#10 Warren Ducote

Warren Ducote

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:44 PM

Got my UPS notice.  "A UPS shipping label has been created"

Maybe I will find out tomorrow or Monday when it will arrive.

#11 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:00 AM

Called sales today just out of curiosity and uncontrollable excitement for the upgrade and found they have no information about when we would receive our stuff. The kind fellow on the other end did inform me that 2016 was being shipped first to new customers and then to + subscribers.

While I would like to consider myself a patient person (oh, mother), I agree that SoftPlan may be dropping the ball on Plus subscribers..

From the SoftPlan+ page -

//SoftPlan+ subscribers have no cost access to the latest version SoftPlan has to offer. Receive all of SoftPlan’s time saving enhancements as soon as an updated version is released.//

I would have thought all us SP+ users would have the upgrade by now based on the statement you quoted Harry. Makes me wonder if they had to change it up or if they forgot they said that??

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#12 John Honea

John Honea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:41 AM

I mentioned this on another thread.  The releases are being staged.  They cannot release them all at once as it would completely crash their servers.  If they suddenly dropped access to all Softplan Plus users, at 1.2gb per download, the servers absolutely WOULD go down.  I could be wrong but I will say with 99% surety that is the reason for the staged release points.  Just hold tight.  They are steadily coming out.  Believe me, if they released too fast and crashed the servers, it could take much longer to get things moving again.

#13 Michael Landry

Michael Landry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationEaston, Ma.

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:53 AM

Maybe they should have stayed with just mailing out the disks.

#14 John Honea

John Honea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:56 AM

Mailing the disks was still a staged release, not a mass release.  Been like that on all versions that I recall.

#15 James Scales

James Scales

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:31 AM

Doug Aleshire received his yesterday, was downloading from SP yesterday afternoon.  I will speak with him in a little while learning if he got any sleep.

#16 Ron Mejeur

Ron Mejeur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationKalalmazoo, Mi

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:04 AM

Mine was scheduled to be delivered today, but now says it's delayed due to weather conditions.

Ron Mejeur

#17 John Honea

John Honea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:20 AM

If you do the migration, be aware this will take quite awhile.  I personally say about three hours.  Someone else has seen five.  When you see it, let it go.  It's going to take awhile.  

#18 Tim Stockton

Tim Stockton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationWichita, KS

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:02 AM

Received my package yesterday.  The install and migration took 5 hours 20 minutes.  I think the time it takes is reflected largely by the size of your libraries - both projects and symbols.  I checked the CPU usage while it was running and it only used 13-15% typically during this process, but was very active the entire time.

My initial impression is very positive so far.  The renderings are improved again and look very nice.  If you choose to do a walk through animation in rendered mode, you might want to wait for the end of the day and let it run over night.  Larger and more involved animations will take a lot of time to render - especially in the rendered mode, but I think they will be well worth the time and wait when completed.

#19 Warren Ducote

Warren Ducote

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:48 AM

Dang it!!!!!!!

I was suppose to receive my upgrade today from UPS. Now I get a tracking update saying because of the severe weather that the delivery is being delayed and UPS gave no date for delivery.

Never thought all the snow up north in Yankee Land would affect me here in Sunny Texas.

I guess I will just go out an mow the lawn.

Dang It!!!!!!

#20 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:45 AM

Still nothing here.  Not even an email from UPS.  Headed out of town this afternoon....hopefully something when I get back on sunday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users