8 replies to this topic

#1 David Zehr

David Zehr

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:58 AM

Hello! 

Been using 2012 for several years off and on (primarily for remodeling), but have a client for a total loss fire replacement and we're looking for new house plans to fit a specific perimeter. Is there an entity here that has designed in SP2012 (or compatible with 2012), that sells sets of house plans?

Thanks for any assistance/direction!
David Zehr

#2 Kevin Rabenaldt

Kevin Rabenaldt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:44 PM

David;

Sounds like you are not comfortable constructing a full set of plans since your experience is in remodeling?  To get start measure the perimeter foundation so you can input exterior walls.  Once that is done then you fill in the interior walls.  If this is a slab foundation (I was assuming), and if water supply is still usable in the slab you will be to keep these locations along with waste.  Use your client to sketch out the rooms for you.  If you need the look of the exterior use Google maps to front and roof design.  You can take this opportunity to improve on the previous house design.  If you mean that the slab is going to replaced because of damage, then maybe you are looking for a plan to fit in the setbacks?

#3 Steve and Carla Farnam

Steve and Carla Farnam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:01 PM

Hello David,

If you could send the specific parameters for the house you would like to replace 

we could look through our library to see if we can find a fit. We currently use SP2016+

but do have the 2012 CD.

Thanks, Steve

srfxc@aol.com

#4 David Zehr

David Zehr

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:33 PM

David;

Sounds like you are not comfortable constructing a full set of plans since your experience is in remodeling?  To get start measure the perimeter foundation so you can input exterior walls.  Once that is done then you fill in the interior walls.  If this is a slab foundation (I was assuming), and if water supply is still usable in the slab you will be to keep these locations along with waste.  Use your client to sketch out the rooms for you.  If you need the look of the exterior use Google maps to front and roof design.  You can take this opportunity to improve on the previous house design.  If you mean that the slab is going to replaced because of damage, then maybe you are looking for a plan to fit in the setbacks?

Actually quite capable since our origins were in custom new homes many years ago, was looking primarily to see if there is a catalog of home plans done on SoftPlan or if any designers have them for sale in the interest of not reinventing the wheel and to save time in getting our client back on track with a rebuild after total fire loss.

#5 David Zehr

David Zehr

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:38 PM

Hello David,

If you could send the specific parameters for the house you would like to replace 

we could look through our library to see if we can find a fit. We currently use SP2016+

but do have the 2012 CD.

Thanks, Steve

srfxc@aol.com

Rectangular ranch appx 1500 to 1900 (possible multi-level) sqft. on a 28' x 64' basement foundation (+/- 1' in any dimension) with a 20' x 22' attached garage on the right end that projects no more than 8' from the front wall, leaving 14' x 20' living space (on crawl space/basement) behind the garage.  Thanks for any efforts undertaken and please also advise on a cost to license a plan of your design.

#6 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:39 PM

It may be an idea to give us the size of the slab.

Sorry David ... Cross posting again!

The chances of anyone having a predefined model to fit that footprint are very small though!

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#7 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 02:33 PM

Pretty simple process to do from scratch.  I'm in the middle of a fire rebuild design right now.  I went to the site with my tablet and sketched the foundation, basement windows, as much of the underground plumbing as we could see, bearing walls, etc.  (The fire started in the basement but most of the walls were still standing...the entire roof was pretty much gone)   Part of the foundation will need to be removed per structural engineer.  I've designed a completely different looking home using their existing foundation, adding a small section of new foundation, and a handful of cantilevers.  

I should say that its much easier to measure once the builder had the balance of the home torn down and cleaned up.  I measured with him right after the fire so we could get a contract in place with the owner and insurance company.  Went back to double check things after everything was gone and had nearly everything right on...just a couple of walls that needed adjusting.

#8 Steve and Carla Farnam

Steve and Carla Farnam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 06:57 AM

Morning David,

I was unable to find any of our plans that would meet your criteria.

#9 David Zehr

David Zehr

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:07 AM

I have a house plan and no longer in search of anything, thank you all for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users