#1 Verlin Klassen

Verlin Klassen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationBirnie, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:02 PM

Some time ago there was a thread on adding model pant to elevations. I have been using that since and like it except that I find the exterior finish for the exterior walls that can be seen thru the windows is shown. I would prefer if the windows either showed the interior or were blank. See the attached screen shot. Not sure how well it shows what I am talking about.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot south elevation.JPG

Verlin Klassen

Westman Drafting

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 31 August 2016 - 07:18 PM

Verlin, I know exactly what you are talking about, It's a gripe I had myself, as the interior walls and drywall don't show on the elevations. I wish they did, that would fix everything ...

The way I get round it (and my preference to be honest), Is I use a dark navy blue tint and 80% opacity on my glazing. You can go with black and 100% opacity if you want, but I don't think that it looks as much like glass that way. Try a few combinations and see what you like best. In reality when you look at a house in daytime, unless the lights are on, the glass looks dark anyway.

A secondary benefit (if you're lazy like me), is that you don't have to spend as much time making sure all the interiors are perfect on the model, as you can't really see them. Typically we only use the models for exteriors whilst doing sketch designs anyway.

2016.07.13_21h59m20s_006_.png

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Verlin Klassen

Verlin Klassen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationBirnie, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:21 PM

Thank-you Keith. I hadn't thought about doing it that way.

Verlin Klassen

Westman Drafting

#4 Sam Allen

Sam Allen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:22 AM

Hey Keith...the brick trim on the round window that you helped me with looks great here.  Thanks again for the help....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: model paint, elevations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users