#1 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:51 PM

I don't use presently the elevations with the Auto Paint for a couple of reasons;

1- We don't print drawings in color because we often have to print 20 to 30 sets of plans for a new model and 15 to 20 per house built which makes it to expensive for plans that are going to be steeped on and ripped.

2- When the drawing is saved, the paints are not crisp enough (Front with textures) as when you're generating them (Auto paint). Since they're not clear enough, it doesn't provide good black and white printing. Aldo, don't know why there's also missing paints (ex. columns).

3- Playing around with it, I forgot that a huge problem is that sometime, when I edit the 3D Options, when I exit sometime the paints are offset from their original position (Offset textures).

Attached Thumbnails

• Auto paint.JPG
  • Front with textures.jpg
  • Offset textures.jpg

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:13 PM

... When the drawing is saved, the paints are not crisp enough (Front with textures) as when you're generating them (Auto paint) ...

As a default AUTO-PAINT for the MODEL PAINT is set at 60% (I believe - can't remember now) opacity. If you go to SYSTEM OPTIONS > ASSIGN COLOURS and edit it to be 100%, it will fix that problem.

2016.09.14_15h12m34s_001.png

Not sure why you are having missing item issue's. Using MODEL PAINT, I find that EVERYTHING is painted correctly.

... Playing around with it, I forgot that a huge problem is that sometime, when I edit the 3D Options, when I exit sometime the paints are offset from their original position (Offset textures) ...

Not sure how you're doing that, I would love to be able to offset some of the textures, and haven't found a way!

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:24 PM

As a default AUTO-PAINT for the MODEL PAINT is set at 60% (I believe - can't remember now) opacity. If you go to SYSTEM OPTIONS > ASSIGN COLOURS and edit it to be 100%, it will fix that problem.

Thanks. I saw the 60% for opacity but when editing the paint but taught it was active since it was greyed. Makes sense.

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:39 PM

When it's greyed out, You can check the box and it will let you edit it there too.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:04 PM

Try this ... Don't AUTO PAINT the generated elevation. Once you have the lines generated, Add a SHADE BREAK all around the elevation. Then PAINT a section of the elevation with MODEL PAINT, and edit the model paint to be a SHADE. You'll find that the shade paint covers ALL area's of the elevation. You can the adjust the boundaries to show as little or as much of the paint as you require. You can also change the model paint to match the modes of the 3D model too ... so TEXTURED, RENDERED, WATERCOLOUR etc.

I'll try and create an example ... http://softplan.com/...paint-tutorial/ ... of how I do my Elevations. It may Interest some people, and it's certainly very different than EVERYONE else's method. That I can almost guarantee.

Keith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users