#1 Verlin Klassen

Verlin Klassen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationBirnie, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 13 October 2016 - 04:35 PM

I usually want my dimensions to locate to the interior of my walls if I am dimension on the interior. For example distance from an interior partition to an exterior wall. Sometimes tho, I would like to be able to have a dimension from an interior object such as a point load to the exterior of the exterior wall stud without showing the thickness of the wall I am dimensioning through. I know how to go into the wall definition and set it to only dimension to the exterior of the stud, but then it changes all the other dimensions to that wall type on the rest of the drawing. Is there a way to set it for just the one dimension?

Verlin Klassen

Westman Drafting

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:52 PM

Not as such, but the easiest way is to use the DIMENSION POINT command. That dimensions from point to point regardless of any settings or what is in the way, or even what the angle is.

Very handy command for those hard to dimension areas.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Verlin Klassen

Verlin Klassen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationBirnie, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:57 PM

After all these years of using SoftPlan I wonder how many more handy tools are sitting in front of my eyes not being used. Thank-you 

Verlin Klassen

Westman Drafting

#4 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:42 PM

Funny how that happens eh?  I use dimension point more than any other dimension command...but there are other SP commands that I've never used and have no clue what they are for!!!

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:01 PM

Quick note about dimension point. If you dimension between points, it will allow you to dimension virtually anywhere on any angle. However, if you dimension between edges (or extension lines), it will stay at 90° to the edge, so you can pull extensions from anywhere and dimension between them.
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dimension

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users