#1 Jack Carson

Jack Carson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationSouthaven, MS & Frederiksted, St. Croix USVI

Posted 08 November 2016 - 12:58 PM

Best I can tell Room and Interior Mode do pretty much the same thing.  To those who have a lot more experience than me, what are the pluses and minuses of using one over the other.

Jack

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 08 November 2016 - 01:22 PM

No, they don't really.

Generally ... Room mode adds multiple finishes to the whole room - Very quick - Interior Mode adds individual finishes to specific areas - Allows customization of individual areas.

Once you start using them seriously, you'll quickly discover the pluses and minuses of each one.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Jack Carson

Jack Carson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:44 AM

Keith, thanks for the info.  I haven't used ether one enough to know that.  Thanks a lot.

Jack Carson

#4 Philip Frank

Philip Frank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:59 AM

Keep in mind Jack that you can customize the Room mode so that it places exactly what you want for individual rooms. For example I have all the garages in Room mode set up to have 5/8" Type X drywall placed whenever I place a garage "Room". Also I find that I normally don't have enough room for a normal height font size when I place a "Pantry" room, so I have modified my default Room mode to use a smaller font size and also to not display the "Design Size". After you use Room mode for awhile you'll discover what Room properties you are constantly changing. Keep track of them and then keep tweaking your Room mode defaults and before you know it the rooms you place with Room mode do exactly what you want.

Just try to keep your defaults set to the setting you use the most and understand that you can still override the default setting on an individual room. BTW you modify your Default Room mode properties by going to System Options / System Library and then choosing Library Type "Rooms". Pick any room from the list on the right and then click on "Edit Symbol" to get to the Room Properties box that you can modify. Any changes you make here will be reflected in your drawing the next time you use Room mode.

• Tom Rogers likes this

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:17 AM

I have a complete custom "Room" library setup called FINISHES that has rooms called CERAMIC, HARDWOOD, CARPET, VINYL and UNFINISHED. That adds specific finishes quickly to a lot of areas.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#6 Jack Carson

Jack Carson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 12:58 PM

Thanks to all who replied to my question.  I am beginning to understand the difference now.  I know it's been a while since I was online.  On November 10th I was helping my brother rebuild an old pickup.  I was welding a "C" channel on the bottom of the bed, set myself on fire and ended up at our Regional Burn Center.  I had 2nd and 3rd degree burns on my left leg.  I am back home but far from healed.  Two skin graft surgery's, and I spent 2 1/2 weeks on my back hooked up all kinds of monitors and IV's.

I should be back in the saddle soon, a little bit at a time.

Again, thanks to all who helped,  And be very careful around circumstances where you might get burned.  It is not fun.

Jack

#7 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:26 PM

Really sorry to hear that Jack. Hope you feel better soon.

Keith

#8 Jack Carson

Jack Carson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:36 AM

Thanks Keith, improving but very slowly. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users