• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 John Abernathy

John Abernathy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:27 AM

I know there have been some discussions in the past, I may not be using the right words in my search. But I'm trying to get windows, doors, and shutters to show up in more detail in 3D, mainly Watercolor. It seems in the past there was a trick to adjusting the glazing, or beading to allow more definition of door stiles, window sashes, etc. in 3D. Right now my windows are white, and thus don't show too much definition. 

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:23 PM

Try:

MODE OPTIONS > WATERCOLOUR > LINE OPTIONS, and check DISPLAY LINES and DISPLAY SILHOUETTE

2017.01.18_13h23m30s_001.png

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:33 PM

Use Edit Surface to select an item and you have options for Texture/Color and Options for different settings or you can also access the complete list under Material

Attached Thumbnails

• 3D textures.JPG

#4 John Abernathy

John Abernathy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:58 AM

Thanks to all. If i could figure out how to paste a thumbnail I would. 

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:13 AM

Thanks to all. If i could figure out how to paste a thumbnail I would. 

Go to More Reply Options ... you can attach files from there.

2017.01.19_09h12m28s_001.png

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#6 John Abernathy

John Abernathy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:00 AM

thank to all

Attached Thumbnails

• screenlog.jpg

#7 Andrew Maletz

Andrew Maletz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNew Albany, Ohio

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:28 PM

If I could piggyback on this thread I have a related question: I'm trying to modify a "stock" symbol to add grilles to an exterior door. In this case I'm using Manufacturer\Thermatru\Mahogany Collection\36X80 CCM100. I've added grilles to the glass portion by going to System Library, Selecting the door, editing the symbol, specifically Edit Individual Compenent. Once in those options I can turn on grilles and adjust spacing, but when I save the changes, the modification only shows up in the 2d elevation preview, but not the 3d symbol (see attached). I'm figuring that there may be some additional options pertaining to how the symbol appears in 3d, but cannot seem to find. Any assistance would be most appreciated. Thanks! andrew

Attached Thumbnails

• door 1.JPG
  • door2.JPG

#8 Henry Buckner

Henry Buckner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:57 PM

That door won't show grills because the symbol didn't originally have grills. To fix it- 1)- generate an elevation & save 2) explode the door symbol in the elevation 3) edit the glazing polygon and check "enable bead" 4) save the symbol.

#9 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:58 PM

Alternately, you may be able to go into OPTIONS > EXTRACTION OPTIONS in the 3D MODEL, and change the OPENING from ACTUAL OPENINGS to ENHANCED OPENINGS

• Kylene Knepp likes this
Keith

#10 Henry Buckner

Henry Buckner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:32 PM

I don't think that will work in his case. I had the same problem a couple weeks ago and that was the fix TS steered me to-not the exact same door, but a C200 from the same series.

• Andrew Maletz likes this

#11 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 07:14 AM

Yes, you're right Henry, it doesn't work.

As Henry Said, you would have to recreate the symbol - Alternately use the EXTERIOR DOOR > FRENCH > 36x80 FRENCH A 1, and edit the colour to a wood texture. May be near enough. You can turn the grilles on and off on that one.

• Andrew Maletz likes this
Keith

#12 Kylene Knepp

Kylene Knepp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSinking Spring, PA

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:25 AM

I've struggled with this grill issue for so long. This worked for me. Thank you!

Alternately, you may be able to go into OPTIONS > EXTRACTION OPTIONS in the 3D MODEL, and change the OPENING from ACTUAL OPENINGS to ENHANCED OPENINGS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users