1 reply to this topic

#1 Myron Edwards

Myron Edwards

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLewes, Delaware

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:01 AM

To my dismay, I was told by SP technical that Softlist will only calculate mark up on materials and NOT labor! Well, that was a punch in the gut after spending months setting up costs, sequences, etc. I would like to know if there is a "work around" for this issue. " EX:=(materials+labor) * markup"   Perhaps through taxes or some other means. 

I want to be able to calculate all materials and labor first for a total, and then calculate a mark up on that total. As it stands today, SP does not give you the set up formulas in the report style options to achieve this calculation. If fact, what they do offer in calculating options is very limited. 

The Softlist program is a powerful tool and I am extremely impressed with its accuracy if one takes the time for a properly set it up. I am extremely perplexed as to why SP has developed this program to this degree of accuracy without giving the user adequate means of which to report.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I understand 2018 will not be available until possibly March so 

#2 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:32 PM

Copy the material formula to a new material item, change the name to reflect the type of labour, assign the proper cost and markup for that labour item, Use the sequence number to breakout all the labour items to a different section of the report if needed.

• Myron Edwards likes this

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users