4 replies to this topic

#1 Thomas Kreun

Thomas Kreun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:10 PM

I've used Softplan for many years and up until now stayed away from the 3D rendering aspects of it. As of late I have delved into the 3D capabilities and realize I have a lot to learn. In particular, how to get a picture frame or any type of wainscoting for that matter onto an interior wall.

Attached Thumbnails

• wainscoting-design-v6.jpg

#2 Thomas Parker

Thomas Parker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:58 PM

Hi Thomas,

Once you commit to utilizing the 3d capabilities of Softplan you’ll get hooked! I like to select the ‘Room’ option and then ‘draw’ or select the preset room settings into each room. For example, the ‘Den’ has the chair rail, base, and crown molding already preset. Then, use the ‘Interior’setting and become familiar with its options to change and add many more options to customize more – if you want to! For example you could add ‘wallpaper’ to the room and set the height to the chair rail. Softplan makes it very quick and easy! I usually don’t bother showing the verticals, but you could easily draw in solids for these.

Hope this was of some help, and have fun with it :)

PS you could customize the preset room options to your liking too!!!!

Tom Parker

TJP Designs and Const. LLC

v10 - v2020

#3 Guest_Derrik Bauer_*

Guest_Derrik Bauer_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:31 AM

The verticles can be draw quite easily with a box texture.  It is not perfectly accurate, but the idea gets across:

1.jpg

First, you need to understand how SoftPlan uses "Relief Depth".  You can use any texture available and simply select a color instead of the texture like this:

2.jpg

Notice how I have "Use Color" marked?  I chose white for this example, but any color can be used.

Here is the texture I am using for the wainscot (and ceiling):

Wainscot Panels.jpg

And finally, here are the lighting settings I used to create the rendering:

3.jpg

#4 Chris Stewart

Chris Stewart

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:05 AM

Here is one in 3d

Clip_16.jpg

• Keith Almond likes this
All comments are my opinion only and may or may not be correct
-Chris

#5 PDH Drafting

PDH Drafting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 July 2023 - 03:45 PM

I've used Softplan for many years and up until now stayed away from the 3D rendering aspects of it. As of late I have delved into the 3D capabilities and realize I have a lot to learn. In particular, how to get a picture frame or any type of wainscoting for that matter onto an interior wall.

excuse me I'm new to soft plan, quick question did y'all create the accent walls through a wall covering or was it an actual wall y'all created from scratch. either or can any of you give me a quick run down on how this can be achieved. thanks for the assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users