3 replies to this topic

#1 David Williams

David Williams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, Virginia

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:26 PM

When I try to generate an elevation view the softview result is simply a vertical line. I have not had any problems with creating elevations-the issue suddenly occured. Any ideas as to what caused this and how I can correct it?

#2 Guest_Derrik Bauer_*

Guest_Derrik Bauer_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:05 PM

1.jpg

Do you have the plan(s) in the model?

#3 David Williams

David Williams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, Virginia

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:41 PM

Thanks. I am using version 13 so I don't have the screen you showed me. Typically I would simply go to Build/ elevation and select the view I wanted. This has always worked for me and then suddenly all I get is what appears to be a vertical line. As I zoom out the line gets shorter of course and I have tried to manipulate the line in 3D unsuccessfully. I also cannot generate a 3D view although I can generate cross sections. This seems to suggest a problem not with softview but something else.

#4 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:45 PM

There is probably something on one of your floor plans that is way off to one side that is causing a problem.  Zoom extents, then block erase everything on the screen besides your floor plans.   You'll probably have to do this several times to hit everything...left side of floor plans, right side...etc etc.   Then try to do an elevation again.   Has happened to me several times.....something accidentally drawn that you can't see.

• Ron Globke likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users