#1 Jeffrey Elliott

Jeffrey Elliott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationNew Palestine, IN

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:01 PM

I am trying to do a rendering for a client and they area requesting 7.25" siding.  All that I have in my library of widths and textures is much smaller.  Is there a way to change the size of the siding that will appear on my rendering?

Jeff

Jeff Elliott

New Palestine, IN

jeffelliott@me.com

NPI Consulting LLC

#2 Philip Frank

Philip Frank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:21 AM

Right click over the siding in your 3d view. Select "Surface Edit" near the bottom of the pop up menu. Now go to the "Options" tab. Take a look at the picture of the siding in the edit dialog box and count the number of courses of siding  (most of the SofPlan sidings are 4 courses high in the pic). Now multiply the number of courses by 7.25 (your desired exposure).This would be 29" for 4 courses. Enter that in the "Vertical" input area. It's a good idea to check the " Maintain Aspect Ratio" too. .Click OK at the bottom of the Edit dialog box and you should have your 7.25" exposure

Attached Thumbnails

• siding.PNG

#3 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:13 AM

A slightly different approach ...

Softplan uses 1/16" per pixel for rendering pictures, so if you want something to render at 7.25" high it should be a 116 pixels high bitmap to maintain a acceptable resolution.

So a standard bitmap that is 464 pixels high will render at 29" as standard - as Philip notes, it can be adjusted as necessary from there.

NOTE: It seems to me (although I may be wrong) that if you ADJUST the height, width or aspect ratio of the standard textures, they WILL STAY AT THAT SIZE next time they are used, and that MAY affect future renderings if you assume they are standard sizes. Just take care when adjusting sizes of textures.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#4 Jeffrey Elliott

Jeffrey Elliott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationNew Palestine, IN

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:57 AM

You guys are the best.  I now have 7.25" siding on my rendering.  Where else can you expert advice like this and not recieve a invoice.  Thank you both.

Jeff Elliott

New Palestine, IN

jeffelliott@me.com

NPI Consulting LLC

#5 Daniel Zanoli

Daniel Zanoli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:24 AM

I believe the only saying to match the response time and the right answers you get from all is....These guys are good.   (PGA)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users