#1 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:03 PM

I've just brought this into 2018 ... pretty sure the roof didn't do this earlier.

Has anyone seen this occur ... I have asked Technical support to have a look, but I can't easily fix it, and wondered if anyone else has a quick fix. I've tried regenerate and perform item cleanup, but nothing easy seems to work.

Attached File  2017.03.31_13h58m25s_008.png   839.83KB   13 downloads

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#2 Chris Proost

Chris Proost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:07 PM

Keith - Have you tried grabbing the lollipops and moving them over an inch or two? I've had to do that a few times to get them re-acquainted with the wall below. 

#3 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:31 PM

Yes, I've tried that too.

I even deleted one of the roofs and recreated it, but it recreated with exactly the same problems.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#4 D M

D M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Location..

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:51 PM

I haven't tried 2018 yet, ..

Is there maybe something off with the roof settings..? ie: top of fascia, heel heights ? .. perhaps there's a little bug that is generating these with incorrect relationships to each other. .?

.. invariably, someone will have a simpler solution.

#5 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:56 PM

Trying to remember. I think I had to exit or reboot.

#6 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:09 PM

Thank You Yvon, a FULL restart/reboot fixed the problems.

Keith

#7 brian praye

brian praye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:36 PM

If I am not mistaken, the position of that shed dormer roof plane in space, is established by the combination of the dormer wall height and the pitch. At some point, that will exceed main roof ridge height. When you were trying to fix it, did you try walking that roof pitch down in edit, and regenerating?  Just curious. I am using ancient v14, so might be different.

#8 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:46 PM

No, the dormer roof was perfect. It was everything else that was wrong. The reboot fixed it up correctly. I'll post a correct version on Monday so you can see what happened.
Keith

#9 Dave Nicol

Dave Nicol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:43 PM

when in doot, reboot

#10 Guest_Derrik Bauer_*

Guest_Derrik Bauer_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:08 AM

I have previously submitted a ticket for this issue and they are aware and working on a fix:

"Thank you for the files. The issue appears to be with the roof updating while using Multiple Floor Roof. This issue has already been forwarded onto our development team for further review. "

#11 Harlon Suttle

Harlon Suttle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, Ks

Posted 01 April 2017 - 10:42 AM

seems like there are several issues that a clean reboot is solving.....I was having an issue in the NEIGHBORHOOR feature with the added houses disappearing when changing the elevation.....in talking with Softplan Tech, they experienced the same issue and state it was an easy fix and would pass it onto product development for a patch.....so, it seems the issue is somewhat wide spread.....I have had a couple other issues that I worked through as well with a cold boot....but I have forgotten what the issues were....but know when I come across an issue I am having any trouble with....I send a ticket so these issues are fixed in a soon (I hope) to be realased patch ....hmmm. 2018.3 ??

Harlon G. " Buddy " Suttle
casekc49@gmail.com
CELL: 913-339-6242

#12 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:35 AM

This is the way it should have looked:

Attached File  2017.04.03_08h33m50s_001.png   937.08KB   8 downloads

Keith

#13 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:22 AM

I need to edit this project, and every time I touch the roof it breaks it ...

Even a full system reboot doesn't fix it now.

Attached File  2017.04.03_09h20m38s_001.png   212.83KB   4 downloads

I'm still pretty sure this isn't correct!

Keith

#14 Jim Johnson

Jim Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:16 AM

Keith,

This was happening to me and I found that auto regenerate was not checked in "Drawing Options>Material Dimensions>Roof Options"

#15 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:23 AM

Keith, been there and done that....Ended up rebooting and it fixed it...just like you did.

#16 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:30 AM

Keith,

This was happening to me and I found that auto regenerate was not checked in "Drawing Options>Material Dimensions>Roof Options"

Auto-regenerate is checked, but the correct roof layout will NOT regenerate anyway.

Keith

#17 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:31 AM

If anyone else is experiencing this issue , here's the response from Technical Support:

Open your Second Floor Plan and perform a Cleanup. This should correct the roof for this project. There are two issues related to Multiple Floor Roof at this time: 1) if you turn off Multiple Floor Roof, then back on again, you will need to perform a Cleanup (this was the current condition of this project). 2) if you modify a wall height on a main floor wall that is referenced by a second floor roof, you will need to close all 3D views and reopen them to see the roof generate completely (a system reboot not necessary). Both of these issues are currently being reviewed by development.

I'm pretty certain I may need to refer to this a few times in the next few days.

Keith

#18 Daniel Zanoli

Daniel Zanoli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:24 AM

Thats why I'm keeping my older key...Alot of the drawings I've opened w/18 have roof issues. 

#19 Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:55 PM

Keith, email me your files if you've not found a solution yet.  I've encountered every roof and roof issue known to man.  jsmith800 at gmail dot com

Joseph A. Smith

http://granitedesigngroup.com

#20 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:10 PM

Thanks Joe, I thought I'd seen most of them too. However, this is definitely a problem with 2018, not really a roof issue at all. See Tech Support's response in Post #17.

Keith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users