#1 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:21 PM

Okay, I'm not sure how this came about, but whoever designed the NEW generated staircase would have been well advised to look at some standard construction details. The nosing and the tread thickness are both wrong.

Attached File  2017.04.06_15h11m14s_001.png   12.95KB   6 downloads

Not only that, but elsewhere in the definition, there's actually a distance specified, and it doesn't conform to that either.

Attached File  2017.04.06_15h12m52s_002.png   8.75KB   2 downloads

If your going to redesign pieces that work reasonably well, for no apparent reason, then at least it would be a good idea to get them right.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#2 Todd Williard

Todd Williard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:09 AM

The tread thickness is controlled at system, drawing and project levels. You can set your default thickness there. Not sure why the nosing is incorrect though.

V11-V2024

#3 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:26 AM

That's the point I was trying to make Todd. In my SYSTEM, PROJECT and DRAWING Options, ALL the stair Options are set as

Attached File  2017.04.07_10h24m31s_001.png   24.82KB   2 downloads

the Generated Staircase in the Section COMPLETELY ignores these parameters, and draws something arbitrary, that is totally wrong. I wouldn't really mind if it looked right, but as soon as I saw it, it looked all wrong. That was when I threw some dimensions on it and realised how far wrong it was.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: staircase, dimensions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users