#1 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:44 PM

Good Afternoon,

Starting to feel like I'm getting the hang of 3D.  Looking to make some minor adjustments to the attached pic...

1. I placed a window on the second floor with a low header to place it in the stair well.  After finding a post on this subject, I then used an opening on the first floor and pushed it up so the first floor wall does not extend into the window.  Now my elevation looks right, but I don't want to show the opening on the first floor plan.  Can I make it show on elevations but not on the plan?  Building options works, but I need to keep turning it off and on.  Maybe there is a better way or I am not following the original post...

2. I used a wall to create my lattice work under the porch, with corner boards, frieze and splash boards for the framing, and it looks good.  That made all my interior drywall look like the lattice pattern.  Before I create a wall to use for this, is there a better way to do the lattice covered openings?

Dave

Attached Thumbnails

• lattice.jpg

#2 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:47 PM

1. Place it on a layer. Layers turned off in plan still show up in 3D

2. Did you use the same materials as your interior walls?

#3 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:01 PM

Hi Yvon,

1. Layer worked.  Thanks.

2. Yes, but if this is a good way to do the lattice in 3D, then I'll create a wall with a unique material for future use.

One other thing.  Is there an easy way to project a window out from a wall 6"?  I need to bump out the window at the kitchen sink...

Dave

#4 Philip Frank

Philip Frank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:18 AM

If you don't want a window to print  on your Floor Plan, you can also turn of the display. It will still show in the Elevations and 3d, just not on floor plans.

Attached Thumbnails

• Display.JPG

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:25 AM

One other thing.  Is there an easy way to project a window out from a wall 6"?  I need to bump out the window at the kitchen sink...

You have to draw a wall outside the wall, and insert the windows into it. The same way you would construct it on site. However, the windows can be the same size as the wall that they are in.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#6 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:40 AM

Thank you, Philip.  I tried hidden but it still displayed, but then I looked at my print out page and it is gone.  Very cool!

I guess I was looking for a window style that kind of pushes out past the wall... kind of like a small box bay... I've seen them in the field, but I'm not describing it well...The sill extends out and the sides and top are all glass, no framing, just to provide a little plant ledge over the kitchen sink.

Thank you all!

Dave

#7 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:18 AM

Use a bay window and set the Door Swing to 90.00

Attached Thumbnails

• Box window.JPG

#8 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:29 AM

Okay, I thought that you wanted solid sides ... use the bay window as Yvon suggests.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#9 Philip Frank

Philip Frank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:40 AM

Great tip Yvon!! Didn't know you could do that!!

#10 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:37 AM

Thank you, Yvon.  perfect!

Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users