5 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:51 AM

Last one today, I promise.  Sorry I've been asking so many questions lately.

I used a 1.5 partition wall for my lattice under the porches.  With a 2" corner, frieze, and splash it looks good.  The lattice wall looks great in the 3D view, in any output style (rendered, shaded...), but when I use an elevation view, it does not display in any style.  I have also edited the wall definition to check inside visible, outside visible, and texture visible.

I must be missing a setting somewhere?

Dave

#2 Dennis Asher

Dennis Asher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationWillow Springs, Missouri

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:10 AM

I think you need to make it a bearing wall in order for it to show  up in elevations.

#3 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:56 AM

Thanks, Dennis, but that didn't seem to fix my issue.  The wall has "Extract in Model" selected.  I have tried editing the wall definition Turning on "Inside Visible", "Outside Visible", and "Texture Visible".  I have set each material to bearing.  The wall looks perfect in any 3D view, with any style (shaded, textured...), but it does not display in ANY elevation view.  Any idea what is the setting to get this wall to display?

Thanks,

Dave

#4 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:16 AM

I think that in part you need to set your plates and studs (not sure if all are needed) as bearing. Then, what kind of material do you have over your studs? If it's drywall, then it doesn't show up. Try changing materials such as cement board. I try that switch and it appears. Try other materials if needed.

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:17 AM

What is the outside material ... I don't think that ALL materials will display on elevations. So if you are putting a lattice texture on siding (for instance) it will show, but if it's on drywall, it may not.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#6 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:53 AM

Thanks, Guys.  Combination of materials and bearing got it to show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users