#1 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:02 AM

This is annoying  :angry: I tried reversing a plan (all levels in the model) and my section line didn't reverse even if I did my box very large so as not to be too tight on the plan. Tried to undo and not save but plan came back to it's original orientation but not the section line (reported part of the problem before but it use to flip the section line but didn't flip it back when doing undo or not saving, had to do an additional reverse and back and it would fix it). But now, it's even worse. First, it didn't flip the section line. After, after doing undo and not saving, the plan is showing the section line in the wrong position and direction but now if I do a reverse, it doesn't fix it, it keeps flipping it as per the wrong direction.

#2 Kevin Rabenaldt

Kevin Rabenaldt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:31 AM

I have not updated to 2018 yet.  But I am generous on making copies of my plans when I make changes.  I do this mostly for the  time when a client wants to go back to a previous draft.  When I reverse a plan, I keep an original copy and then reverse on a copy.  Likewise, when a new version comes out I make a complete copy of the previous projects folder and rename it like "Projects 2014 backup" when i upgraded to 2016.   I do not open projects in this folder but I will copy a particular plan over to the newer version folder if necessary.  I do not disturb the drawings in the backup folder by opening with the newer version of SP.  I understand your frustration in this situation because these types of things should work.

#3 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:05 AM

Also, when doing a reverse, a niche will end up on the wrong side of the wall (if a wall changes orientation).

#4 Sam Allen

Sam Allen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:53 AM

I've noticed that when I reverse a plan the  wp and gfi on outlets is backwards.  Am I doing something wrong?

#5 Kevin Rabenaldt

Kevin Rabenaldt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:30 PM

Sam I don't think so.  Happens to me also.  I edit and reverse horizontal on those symbols.  I wondered if it was how I setup custom electrical symbols but I don't think it is as it does it on standard electrical symbols.

#6 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:42 PM

If you UNCHECK Allow Reverse in the symbol definition (for ANY symbol you don't want to reverse - not just ELECTRICAL) then it won't reverse.

Attached File  2017.04.19_14h39m13s_001.png   33.95KB   4 downloads

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#7 Kevin Rabenaldt

Kevin Rabenaldt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:32 PM

Thanks Keith.  Learn something new everyday on the forem.  I wonder if there is a global command?  Probably don't want that either  If not then it may be easier to change the few things that need to switched back.

• Morgan Painter likes this

#8 Sam Allen

Sam Allen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:05 AM

Thanks Keith......

#9 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:09 AM

The reversing behavior for section lines only appears to occur when the stack is reversed and has been logged on CO-46946. 

The 'Allow Reverse' option on symbols can be disabled for symbols that incorporate text that should not reverse. CO-47270 has been logged to address the symbols that are exhibiting this behavior. As Keith said, this can be addressed easily at the system level by disabling the 'Allow Reverse' option for the affected symbols.

The Niche reverse issue has been noted on CO-47271. This was the same in 2016 as well.

#10 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:23 AM

The reversing behavior for section lines only appears to occur when the stack is reversed and has been logged on CO-46946. 

The 'Allow Reverse' option on symbols can be disabled for symbols that incorporate text that should not reverse. CO-47270 has been logged to address the symbols that are exhibiting this behavior. As Keith said, this can be addressed easily at the system level by disabling the 'Allow Reverse' option for the affected symbols.

The Niche reverse issue has been noted on CO-47271. This was the same in 2016 as well.

I'm still having problems with the sections lines not going back to it's original location and the dimension pointers being left behind. Can you confirm this is still in the work or I should issue a new ticket.

#11 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:57 PM

To ensure that we are aware of the specific issue you are having, please create a ticket with the drawing and include the exact steps to recreate it.

#12 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:52 PM

Thanks for the files Yvon. A fix for the issue you reported is still in the works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users