#1 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:17 AM

I have been really struggling with dimension text moving on it's own to "clean up" as the system thinks is appropriate. I've moved small dimension texts that are offset and aligned them where I want, checked anchor and the minute something near it is edited or moved, it cleans up (as the system thinks is good) again!

I've said it tons of times before, I've asked SP and made product suggestions, and I'll say it again- IF I WANT SOMETHING ANCHORED, IF I UN-CHECK "CLEAN UP" AND/OR HAVE AN OBJECT ON A LAYER SET TO LOCK - I DON'T WANT IT TO MOVE!!!! I DON'T WANT IT TO CLEAN UP, I DON'T WANT IT TO CHANGE AT ALL!!!

I think I will be bald by the end of the weekend!

• Keith Almond likes this

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:27 AM

I've also noticed my extension lines do not stay with the end of a wall when it intersects another at any angle and is adjusted. Sometimes it gets goofy when doing stepped wall sections as well. This ought to be fixed. Wherever the end of a wall is, the associated extension should stay aligned with it no matter what.

Mark Petri

#3 Brad Graber

Brad Graber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:38 AM

Agreed, same goes for the automatic arrow on a piece of dim text less then 12"  I do like the automatic arrow, but I then move the dim text where I want it but it doesn't stay there.  next thing I know it's back to it's default position.

#4 Brian Ficek

Brian Ficek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND 58501

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:38 AM

I would have to agree on this.  Plus once you anchor it and try moving you get the annoying warning box.  If check the do not show this warning again it still pops up.  I am not a software developer but if you have the options / check boxes there for our use then make sure they do what they say they are suppose to do!

Fine Line Drafting & Design
Brian Ficek
215 Airport Road
Bismarck, ND 58501
www.facebook.com/FineLineDrafting.Bismarck.nd
www.fineline-drafting.com

SoftPlan user since version 9 (2003)
Current SoftPlan - SoftPlan+ 2018
AutoCAD user since R12 (1992)
Current AutoCAD - AutoCAD 2019 LT

#5 Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:41 PM

+1 here on anchor, deselect cleanup...maybe we need a command called FREEZE.  I did notice stair rails don't move as much as previous releases.

Joseph A. Smith

http://granitedesigngroup.com

#6 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:45 PM

I'm still having trouble with railings snapping to the wrong thing after I have them set at a stair/floor opening, etc. I don't do railings much anymore due to the mess they make.

Mark Petri

#7 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:21 PM

Railings are the single most annoying feature in Softplan - They always want to cleanup no matter what you do with them. I have had a Softplan Tech tell me to move them 1/8" off where they are supposed to be and they will be fine. Why? And then you have to override the dimension text (or not put it on)! Just love it when it has to be drawn wrongly to show correctly ... if that makes sense.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#8 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:22 PM

....   IF I WANT SOMETHING ANCHORED, IF I UN-CHECK "CLEAN UP" AND/OR HAVE AN OBJECT ON A LAYER SET TO LOCK - I DON'T WANT IT TO MOVE!!!! I DON'T WANT IT TO CLEAN UP, I DON'T WANT IT TO CHANGE AT ALL!!!

Couldn't agree more!

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#9 D M

D M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Location..

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:28 PM

System Options (and/or Drawing Options) ... Dimension Extension Options .. Dimension Options .. uncheck 'Align on Cleanup'

.. invariably, someone will have a simpler solution.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dimensions, align, dimension text

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users