Matt Orner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationFargo, ND

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:31 AM

Hey everyone,

I was working from my office this morning on a project and saved it. Had to leave and go do work about an hour away from the office so took my laptop with my key. When I went to open up my file from the cloud the message "This project was created with a newer version of SoftPlan and cannot be read by this version. Would you like to update SoftPlan by perfoming a check for updates" So I hit yes and it says there are no current updates available. 

Anyone else having this problem. Tried call support but their call volume is high right now. 

#2 Kevin Rabenaldt

Kevin Rabenaldt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:45 AM

Did you update both keys to new version?  I have not upgraded to 2018 but I thought it said you need to first upgrade your main key, then upgrade other keys.

#3 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:37 PM

Please check the version you are running under Help- About SoftPlan 2018. It should be 2018.3.2 if it is current.

If it is not 2018.3.2, and does not find a newer version when checking for updates, you will need to install 2018.3.0 from the console at http://softplan.com/?page_id=2685 After installing 2018.3.0 you will be able to patch to 2018.3.2.

I suspect that you started version 2016 earlier today but you may also have a pre-release version of 2018 installed and it will not patch to the current version. A new installation is required.

If you are still having trouble, please contact technical support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users