#1 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationVilla Rica, Georgia

Posted 04 June 2017 - 12:22 PM

I am trying to create a brick wrapped 6X6 column to be used in both 3D and Softlist.  What I decided on was to create a brick veneer wall with just the airspace and brick and then draw that around the 6x6 post.  However I have to go back and manually change my wall tolerance because I do not see a way that you can do that on a per wall basis when you create one.  So this is more of a suggestion asking question than a problem; just wondering how others may be doing similar?  

"remember... what we are building today, should be what we want in the future"​
Version 10 to Version 2024+ and beyond
www.residentialproductions.com

#2 Don Gibbons

Don Gibbons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:29 AM

Not sure if you're aware of this Tom but there's a 'Reduce Wall Join Tolerance' command under the Tools menu. Select the command and click inside the red circles.

#3 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:21 AM

I have heard it mentioned and I believe I I might have clicked it but didn't quite understand it.  Of course did not help that I missed the first free tutoring on Friday about all the new items in 2018.  

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:36 AM

"Reduce Wall Join Tolerance" has been around for a long long time it's not a new feature.

• John Jones likes this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#5 Jason Bishop

Jason Bishop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:21 AM

Tom-

The wall join tolerance is the distance between walls in which you would like them to join. Example: If the wall join tolerance is set to 6" on the two walls; when the 'approaching' wall is within 6", it will automatically join to the other wall.

Adjusting the join tolerance to 1" will cause the wall not to join until it is within 1" of the other wall, and so forth.

For your brick column, I would draw the column completely away from your post with a 1" tolerance. Then block move the column into place.

Hopefully this makes sense.

#6 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:44 AM

I do just like Jason mentioned.  Draw my wall and adjust the join tolerance....throw a post with footing in the middle....block move to where I want it on the drawing.  Someday I'll create a symbol with all of that included, but I've gotten pretty fast at doing it this way and this old dog is WAY too busy to learn any new tricks!  :)

#7 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:50 AM

I have used the reduce wall tolerance all the time Keith I just normally do it within the individual walls not as a whole type or group.   

That is exactly what I have done.  Just trying to see if there is an easier or alternative way to do it.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users