Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:37 AM

Hi,

Not sure if this is a new issue with 2018 or it always happened but it is the first time I have noticed it. When I edit a concrete wall definition (say from 10" to 8") it does not ask me which face to line up to. It just defaults to the centerline. That could cause an expensive foundation error if I don't catch it.

Cheers!

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

#2 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:18 AM

I think it's the same as I mentioned concerning changing a 2" x 4' wall to a 2" x 6" wall. I think that any walls that don't have a difference on each sides of the walls (so that if differentiates that there is something to line up to) falls into that problem. A suggestion that was mention from Softplan was to add a "None" material on one side so that it will ask to line up.

It hasn't changed from previous versions.

#3 Thomas Roman

Thomas Roman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:58 AM

It'd take a few minutes, but the concrete and block wall definitions could be changed to add a material (perhaps the "none" material) to create an "outside face" for the wall definitions... I might even revise the wall definition such that the outside and inside faces are displayed with different colors, to help easily identify orientations...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users