Ceiling / roof / siding issue

3 replies to this topic

#1 Jay Johnson

Jay Johnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:19 AM

I am having a difficult time with a ceiling / roof on a plan we are currently creating.  I have attached screen shots to help better explain the issue. 

I am referencing the ceiling (3:12 interior vault) to the front, furthest projecting wall, in the plan.  This is causing the roof to cut the ceiling inside and I realize it's because the roof heels are not tall enough to allow the exterior 6:12 pitch to gain enough height to avoid cutting the ceiling on wall shown.  The only thing I could think to do is raise the entire roof heel to about 15 or 16 inches and I have attached an image of such.  When doing so, the gables are set to be created by the roof so the siding adjusts; however, the heel will not produce siding which leaves a gap between the bottom of soffit and top of wall / beams. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• Ceiling plan.jpg
  • Ceiling outside roof 6 inch heel.jpg
  • Inteior roof cuts ceiling.jpg
  • No siding on 15 inch heel.jpg
  • Roof plan.jpg

#2 Guest_Derrik Bauer_*

Guest_Derrik Bauer_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:48 AM

1.jpg

If you start the vault from the front wall of the kitchen instead of the front entry it will solve your wall height issue.  Otherwise you will need to raise your wall height (not heel height) of the front kitchen wall to accommodate the proposed ceiling design.  This will change the roof design as well, giving you a stair-stepped look on the front.  

#3 Heath Foster

Heath Foster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:41 AM

Instead of changing your heel height try making the wall taller.

#4 Jay Johnson

Jay Johnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:05 AM

Got it fixed by raising one wall 1'5" on kitchen window wall and raising heel on bedroom roof truss 1'5".  Thanks!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users