#1 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:02 PM

Putting together some marketing image for a new model home. We do a lot of narrow houses. This one is 28' wide.

Attached Files

• Jack Carson, Joseph Smith and Tom Rogers like this

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

#2 Jason Bishop

Jason Bishop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:15 PM

Martin-
Your modeling skills amaze me.

Do you do this as an extra feature and charge accordingly or is it a standard feature?

#3 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:12 PM

I'm not sure about martin, but I don't charge anything for 3D with my clients.  They don't get as much detail as he's showing above, but I find that they make decisions so much faster when they can see things in 3D.  The time I put into it is nothing compared to the time waiting for people to make decisions.  One new homes, I do a full walk thru when its finished that I share with clients.  I mostly do those so I can market stock plans.  I recently purchased Lumion to take the final 3D up another notch....if I ever get time to learn how to use it!!!  :)

#4 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:05 PM

I am employed by Cresco www.cresco.ca and one of my jobs is the design of all projects including the full construction plans and all marketing images. Most of the homes I design are spec built and will not be sold until they are complete or almost complete. So long story short... no extra money coming my way. At least I have dental.

By they way, the renderings are 50% about getting the lighting right. The other 50% is getting the surface properties right. I am still not happy with the back lit ceiling panel in the kitchen. I added six light sources above the panel and I am still playing with their position, light type and other settings to make the open space "glow".

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users