#1 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:03 PM

Still hate reversing plans. Don't understand why we can't have a true mirror image when reversing (except for showing notes in the right direction).

When reversing plans;

1. Plans or items don't reverse (pivot) directly on themselves, they shift
  2. Notes with attributes don't reverse properly. You have to reverse them again for them to show up properly
  3. When you have notes above themselves, the top notes become the bottom notes and the bottom the top so you have to reverse again
  4. Combined openings don't reverse as other openings (complain for years on that one)
  5. Spline pointers are totally distorded
  6. Some dimensions will be in the way of walls and other items

Way to much cleaning to do

#2 Kevin Rabenaldt

Kevin Rabenaldt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:15 PM

I tell my clients that yes the program reverses it very quickly but there is all those things you mention.  They want me to reverse the drawings once completed but think it is easy and I should not charge to do it.

#3 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:27 AM

One of the biggest Item that bugs me about reversing is notes ... I'm anal (really ... you hadn't noticed?) about alignment, and EVERY note is defined as a different width. So when they are reversed, they become effectively right aligned instead of left, and they all need to be lined up again.

It would be nice if the text wraps within a defined width. If I set my notes as 10' wide, I'd like them to stay wrapped as necessary within that 10' width. Not deciding that the wrapped text is 9'-3.125" wide, so that's the width of the note.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:39 AM

It ALWAYS takes much longer to reverse a set of plans and correct all the little glitches than is ENVISAGED.

I think the best way to deal with reversing from a customer point of view. Is that REVERSED PLANS are $250.00 (or whatever), regardless of how long they take to reverse.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#5 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:31 AM

It ALWAYS takes much longer to reverse a set of plans and correct all the little glitches than is ENVISAGED.

I think the best way to deal with reversing from a customer point of view. Is that REVERSED PLANS are $250.00 (or whatever), regardless of how long they take to reverse.

The only problem is that we're a builder so we have our own standard plans and must reverse the plans depending on lot selection. This is not something we can charge for but would be nice.

But it means that we have to deal with reversing plans often so it would be much easier if Softplan improved this aspect. Have to say that they at least took my suggestion (and probably by others) to allow to reverse all floor plans in one step (although I would have liked if the elevations and cross-sections would also reverse at  the same time)

#6 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:45 AM

I just wish we had the option to erase the original when we mirror the way I can with AutoCAD. It save me moving things around to keep everything inside my work space if I could use the center of my drawing for the mirror line.

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

#7 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationVilla Rica, Georgia

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:40 AM

That is kind of the use of reverse Martin.  Though I will say that I am not sure you can reverse along a mirror line and as such my plans are sometimes off center

"remember... what we are building today, should be what we want in the future"​
Version 10 to Version 2024+ and beyond
www.residentialproductions.com

#8 Brad Graber

Brad Graber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:56 AM

Something to always look out for.... When reversing plans if you show a w&d, make sure after reversing the plans you reverse the w&d back the other way.  I have had plumbers plumb the w&d backwards (dryer on the left washer on the right)  after we reversed the plans, that symbol shows the wrong way.  I now put a note to verify on the w&d.  Granted I think the plumber should have used his head a little bit better in that situation but.... that is the way I showed it.

#9 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:10 AM

Yes, w & d for plumbing and electrical as well as washing machine outlet box for us (and sometime wall thickness for plumbing).

#10 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:07 AM

if you make the Washer and Dryer a single assembled symbol as necessary and then uncheck the allow reverse box, It will ALWAYS stay the right way round.

If you have ANY symbols that you don't want to reverse, then edit them and UNCHECK the ALLOW REVERSE checkbox. That way you don't have to worry about them.

Attached File  2017.08.04_11h06m52s_001.png   57.86KB   1 downloads

Keith

#11 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:21 AM

Good idea Keith. The only thing is that I still have to remember to reverse my electrical and plumbing box as I don't want them part of the symbol.

#12 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:36 AM

Make the electrical and Plumbing box a single assembled electrical symbol, and uncheck allow reverse on that too.

Assembled symbols are much quicker than trying to assemble lots of items:

I assemble anything that I can ... all my vanity cabinets include basins, taps, mirrors and light fixture as standard. They can be place, exploded and adjusted much faster than trying to find all the pieces separately.

Same goes for dining tables ...

Attached File  2017.08.04_11h44m55s_002.png   33.27KB   1 downloads

Attached File  2017.08.04_11h47m31s_003.png   375.24KB   1 downloads

Assemble them once ... and they are done forever ...

Keith

#13 Brad Graber

Brad Graber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:27 AM

Good idea about the reverse box.  I guess I had forgotten about that setting.  I always have as many things pre-assembled as possible, anything to save a few mouse clicks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users