Photo

Im getting "Windows cannott access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item".

Softplan.exe error

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Thomas Kreun

Thomas Kreun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 03:02 PM

I just downloaded the latest patch and when I tried opening Softplan I received a window with the following message-

C:\Softplan-2\Softplan.exe

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item"

Short story- I uninstalled and reinstalled 2018. I open my latest plan set but it gave me a message that it was created with a newer version so I reluctantly installed the latest patche again in hopes of a different outcome. I didnt get that different outcome! Help!

I left out a detail. During the download of the patch I received a message basically saying it cont download a file because it already existing and gave me the option to ignore or cancel the download completely. At this point I have done both with the same outcome.

#2 John Jones

John Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 251 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 03:29 PM

Try to run the patch from the website.

1. Reboot the system
  2. Download and run the latest patch for your version of SoftPlan from the Support > Patches page of the SoftPlan Website.
  3. Reboot the system after the patch finishes
  4. Start SoftPlan

#3 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationVilla Rica, Georgia

Posted 09 August 2017 - 03:34 PM

It might be that it is in a folder labeled "Softplan-2"

It probably needs to look in C:\Softplan\Softplan.exe

"remember... what we are building today, should be what we want in the future"​
Version 10 to Version 2024+ and beyond
www.residentialproductions.com

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:10 AM

My 2016 was in a folder called C:\Softplan when I installed 2018 it automatically created a C:\Softplan-1 folder. I suspect that's why Thomas' says C:\Softplan-2 as it's been reinstalled.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#5 Thomas Kreun

Thomas Kreun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:54 AM

I left out a detail. During the download of the patch I received a message basically saying it cont download a file because it already existing and gave me the option to ignore or cancel the download completely. At this point I have done both with the same outcome. As soo as I cancel or ignore and complete the download I cant open Softplan and I get the

C:\Softplan-2\Softplan.exe

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item"

#6 Marc Bell

Marc Bell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:49 AM

Hey Thomas,

Did you ever get this issue resolved? I had the same exact thing happen about two weeks ago installing the latest update.

I called Tech Support and they said they were aware of the problem, but I never heard back from them. I had to install a whole

new Softplan in addition to the one that wouldn't open. That one worked, but now I can't remember exactly what I did!

Since then I have purchased a new machine and I'm afraid to install any future updates unless they've fixed the problem.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users