• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Roger Johanson

Roger Johanson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:17 PM

I've searched for an answer to this problem, but haven't found anything.

I've just recently started using v.2014 again after a couple years hiatus. Since I last used SoftPlan, my computer has been upgraded to Windows 10 Home 64-bit from Windows 7. The system is an Intel Core I7-4790k at 4.0Ghz with 16Gb of ram. The problem is whenever SoftPlan is active, the Windows Asterisk sound chimes continuously about every 10 seconds or so. From what I can gather, the Asterisk sound triggers whenever a popup window notification occurs, although none does. I have been able to work by disabling the specific sound in Windows and haven't noticed any other adverse effects. Does anyone know what may be causing this?

Thanks, Roger Johanson

#2 Roger Johanson

Roger Johanson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:40 PM

I found the solution to my problem. I've got an Asus motherboard and as part of their AI Suite is a program called USB 3.0 Boost. For some reason after numerous Windows updates, it was conflicting with the Sentinel USB Key driver. I went through shutting down suspect programs until the symptom stopped. I then uninstalled the USB 3.0 Boost program, downloaded the latest version and installed it. Everything works fine. I hope if anyone else has this problem, they'll find a solution here.

Since I've taken up space and time here with computer technical issues, here's a rendering of the last house I designed in SoftPlan 2014 before I retired. Initial rendering in SoftPlan 2014, final rendering in Artlantis.

Attached Thumbnails

• 395 Northview Loop 1920x1080 Best Sharpened.jpg

• Yvon Gonthier likes this

#3 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:16 PM

Glad that you solved it Roger. Very nice rendering, too.
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users