#1 Mike Feinstein

Mike Feinstein

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:05 AM

Hello everyone,

It's been awhile since I've been here, so forgive me if this topic has been covered elsewhere. Here is my issue:

After completing a set of drawings, we usually send them to a registered architect to give the once over and stamp if necessary. When I tell them it's in SoftPlan, I get a groan most of the time if they don't use SP. They tell me the export to dwg creates a messy plan and it takes a long time to clean up. Most times we wind up letting them redraw in their program, which obviously costs us more than just having them do an approval and/or stamp. Am I missing something when I export?  

Thank you for any help.

Mike

Mike

Gen-One Construction, INC.

#2 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:40 AM

Do they need to make changes most of the time? For our engineer, all I send now are Pdfs. They use to be to limited in size but now not so much of a problem as you can save in lower settings than 600 dpi but e-mails handle more. Our engineer adds his notes and seals them. If there are chages to do, he identifies it and I do it and resend.

#3 Steve and Carla Farnam

Steve and Carla Farnam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:16 PM

We do the same as Yvon

#4 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:18 PM

Are you using multi drawing?  I have to remind engineers that they need to view in paper space vs model space (or vice versa...can't remember) or else the multi drawings are all over the place on their end.  Once they've done it a time or two, its a breeze.

#5 Mike Feinstein

Mike Feinstein

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:17 AM

I have used PDF to send to engineers Yvon. Some of my problem lies in the fact that I'm not very well versed in producing a professional looking set of docs...so we've been relying on our architect to do that for us. I just haven't put in the time. I'm working on it though. I'm a carpenter/builder that uses my 30+ years of experience to help our clients design and layout their home. Sam, I hadn't considered that...I will make that suggestion. Thank you both for your input.

Mike

Gen-One Construction, INC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users