• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Larry Phelps

Larry Phelps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:16 AM

Does anyone know of a way to perform a custom crop that will follow the walls of a room and not just allow straight horizontal and vertical lines? I would like to highlight the master bath in the example here but would rather trace the room exactly rather than as a square. 

Attached File  Pages from Victoria.pdf   353.28KB   32 downloads

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:11 PM

No easy way that I know of.

Might be able to just do a copy paste into a new file and only show what you want by doing a box cutting of everything else. I sometimes do a underlay of another floor plan that is faded and only shows the things I want to show. I can easily erase everything and then copy paste a revised plan into that drawing and all settings stay the same for the layers and visible items.

Another option might be to use big blank notes that are set to mask and then strategically place them around the plan, then crop a box that is close enough, etc. I'd put those notes on their own building option that you can show in plan sets with custom visibility.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#3 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:42 PM

I've mentioned it before, but now is a perfect opportunity to rehash the requirement for a polygon crop ...

• Tom Rogers likes this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#4 Guest_Derrik Bauer_*

Guest_Derrik Bauer_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:26 AM

It can be done.

Create another drawing and draw a box.  Select solid fill on the box and choose white as the color.  Then place that drawing on top of the other drawing blocking out the unwanted areas.  This is cumbersome, but it works.

Attached File  1.jpg   61.72KB   0 downloads

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:42 AM

You might also need to choose a white pen for the linework of that box too.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#6 Guest_Derrik Bauer_*

Guest_Derrik Bauer_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:27 AM

Keith, yes this is true of you don't select "Print Using Screen Colors".  If using screen colors standard pen is fine.  

#7 ROBERT BROGAN

ROBERT BROGAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:23 PM

Have you tried the "copy block" function into a new drawing? Or "copy to softplan clipboard?" When copy into you softplan clipboard, it allows you you "box" an area....then paste into a "new drawing"
Once in the new drawing...I edit out what I dont want by exploding the drawing/ delete. Benefit to copying to a new drawing...it leaves yhe original plan alone. Hope this helps. Message me if you need a picture or 2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users