#1 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

I have a client who wants a 9x8 Nanawall on the back of the house. Here is what I came up with.

The wall opening is a cased arch with an aluminum sill into which I superimposed a 3D symbol of the doors themselves. The 3D model came from Sketchup Warehouse https://3dwarehouse....1x3-Open-Closed which I used to make the Softplan symbol. I have them on two Building Options - Nanawall open and Nanawall closed

Turned out pretty cool!

Attached Files

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

#2 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:03 PM

Pretty cool.  I'd love to have some of those on my next house.  Tell your client to look at other manufacturers as well.  Cheap end nana runs 1,500 per linear foot and up.  You can get the same style in Cascade, for instance, at about half that cost.  

#3 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:08 PM

Andersen makes a nice system too. Also about half the price.  Nanawall does however have the best all round performing product when it comes to water and air penetration.

https://www.andersen...-outswing-door/

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

#4 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:32 AM

I agree with you there!  I recommend Nana to clients all the time and they get really excited till they see the price so I went out looking for alternatives.  Luckily, I live in the desert, so we don't have to worry about the water issues as much as others.

#5 Kevin Rabenaldt

Kevin Rabenaldt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:38 AM

I have heard too many times,  "that does not cost extra does it?".  Ha ha.  I too have had clients ask about using nana walls.  Unless it is an expensive custom design, I just tell them you can not afford them.  When I give the range of costs, they go oh no I can not afford that!

#6 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:19 AM

Same here.  I tell them they need to plan at least $1,500 per linear foot plus installation.  Prices most people right out of that product.

#7 Michele Kennedy

Michele Kennedy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 07:47 PM

I have a client who wants a 9x8 Nanawall on the back of the house. Here is what I came up with.

The wall opening is a cased arch with an aluminum sill into which I superimposed a 3D symbol of the doors themselves. The 3D model came from Sketchup Warehouse https://3dwarehouse....1x3-Open-Closed which I used to make the Softplan symbol. I have them on two Building Options - Nanawall open and Nanawall closed

Turned out pretty cool!

Hi Martin;

I am a Softplan newbie. I've made numerous custom symbols from Sketchup Warehouse, but not any doors or windows. Would you mind helping me with these accordion doors? I have several clients asking for them. How do you turn a custom symbol into an 'opening'? I can't find any posts about that. I would really appreciate your time. With kind regards, Michele

#8 Steve and Carla Farnam

Steve and Carla Farnam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 08:53 PM

Michelle the attached tutorials by Keith Almond may be a good starting point.

Attached Files

#9 Kevin Rabenaldt

Kevin Rabenaldt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 01 May 2020 - 07:23 AM

Expensive fun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users