#1 Sam Allen

Sam Allen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:51 PM

I have been doing full fly arounds and they work quite well.  Does anyone know how to do a partial animation...say only the left front around to right front of a 3D rendering?  Sometimes I want to show only an area of the home that has been revised.  Any help will be appreciated...thanks

#2 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:32 AM

I would suggest taking a look at using the 'Add New Key Frame' option for creating the animation path.

Place the camera where you want to start the animation, select Camera- New Animation and select the '+' on the right side of the timeline to 'Add New Key Frame' at each camera location. Move the camera to the next location and select the Add New Key Frame button again. Repeat a few times until you are at the desired end location. When played again from the start, the camera will travel between the points to create a smooth motion. You can adjust the timeline and delete points or add points wherever necessary.

You can also take a look at the 3D Training- Animation Path tutorial for a more detailed explanation.

#3 Sam Allen

Sam Allen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:04 AM

Thanks...that's what I needed...  I just couldn't figure out how it worked.  I guess I need to read instructions occasionally.....where do I find the 3D training - animation path tutorial?

#4 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:59 AM

SoftPlan+ subscribers have the Training Video Library links on the Start page. Once you select the 3D Training, the Animation Path lesson is number 26 on the list. 

For those who are not SoftPlan+ subscribers and do not already have the training DVD's, the training DVD's can be ordered online by logging in here: https://softplan.com...k&page_id=1041 

Once you get used to the process of creating your own timeline you will have a lot better camera placement with the ability to move in close, back away and change planes.

#5 Michael Roman

Michael Roman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationPeshtigo, WI

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:34 PM

If you have a 3D Connexion Space Mouse you can use the record button and then navigate your camera using the 3d mouse.  What you see on screen is what you will get in the animation.  It is very smooth and is quite easy to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users