#1 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:49 AM

Good Morning,

My shutter looks correct in the preview, but in the render the trim covers the shutter (see attached).  Same result with different trim settings or shutters.  Any ideas what I am missing?

Thanks,

Dave

#2 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:50 AM

forgot attachment...

Attached Files

#3 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:00 AM

One more correction to my post.  The render looks correct, the elevation views do not.

Dave

#4 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:51 AM

The exterior trim is extracting at the the same plane as the full thickness of the shutters in Elevation which in some cases puts it in front of the shutter surface. I have created CO-48077 to address the trim thickness.

In reality, the trim cannot occupy the same space as the shutter and the shutter can either move outside of the trim using the 'Offset to trim' option on the Shutter tab or simply inset the opening trim to allow the shutter to be applied over it using the 'Inset Trim' option on the Exterior Trim tab.

• Thomas Davis likes this

#5 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationVilla Rica, Georgia

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:20 PM

Well kind of Brent.  If they are vinyl shutters you are correct.  However if they are real shutters they can be on the trim as they will be hinged and folded back (opened) held back by shutter dogs normally. 

In some cases I have seen the windows not have trim on the sides so that the vinyl shutters are applied right up to the frame and then trim applied to top and bottom of window.  While this looks okay you can never remove shutters and it is a bit of an extreme case for Softplan to work with.  However the real shutters would be nice 

"remember... what we are building today, should be what we want in the future"​
Version 10 to Version 2024+ and beyond
www.residentialproductions.com

#6 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:45 PM

I added a suggestion to have the ability to add the shutters to the face of the trim. CO-48079. 

• Tom Rogers likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users