• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Barry Laidlaw

Barry Laidlaw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:23 PM

I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 10. My desktop is Windows 7 and I have the entire SoftPlan 2014 program saved to dropbox so I could access it from the previous laptop if I was on a site. For some reason I can't access the files from the new laptop. They are all listed however it won't allow me to open them. I can't even view them (read only). Anyone with any thoughts?

#2 Martin Wrobel

Martin Wrobel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:10 PM

Barry

Do you have Softplan installed on all the computers? I used Dropbox at one time and it does work for opening projects.

Martin Wrobel

Superior Home Design

Michigan

Softplan 2024

9th Gen Intel® Core™ i9 9900 (8-Core, 16MB Cache, up to 5GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology)\

NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ 8GB GDDR6 (OC Ready)

64GB Dual Channel HyperX™ FURY DDR4 XMP at 2933MHz

Dark Side of the Moon chassis with High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling and 850W Power Supply

#3 Barry Laidlaw

Barry Laidlaw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:27 PM

I do.  Some of the drawings were Version 14, but never made a difference before.  The newer 2014 opened them.  Now, just on the laptop (new with Windows 10), I get the ".spd files can't be previewed" message with the drawing name and then a download button.  I need to download each drawing, for every project, in order for it to open.  Yikes!

#4 Jacques Phelps

Jacques Phelps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:04 PM

I think if I remember correctly the files do have to sync up with your computer. It might be worth a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users