#1 Jack Carson

Jack Carson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationSouthaven, MS & Frederiksted, St. Croix USVI

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:18 AM

I am drawing three buildings for a company developing a RV park.  Office, laundry and bath house.  So I named the first drawing Bath House and drew the Laundry.  Dumb, I know.  So I went to the projects folder and renamed it Laundry.  But it's still named Bath House when I open Softplan.   Does any one know how to get SoftPlan to make the change?

Jack

#2 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:23 AM

Changing the folder name does not update the project information contained in the folder. You can change the name that appears on all of the documents by opening the Project Options and change the Client Name in the Project Information tab.

Attached Thumbnails

• Options.png

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

#3 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationVilla Rica, Georgia

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:18 PM

Drawings are drawings and a project contains all the drawings.  If you have all the drawings  (buildings) in the same project they you will have delete the project .SPP file and create a new project called "RV park" and then drag the drawings into the new project.  It is possible to just rename the project if you are not sharing it to someone else or using the cloud.  If you do, DO NOT rename.  It will mess it all up.  

"remember... what we are building today, should be what we want in the future"​
Version 10 to Version 2024+ and beyond
www.residentialproductions.com

#4 Jack Carson

Jack Carson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationSouthaven, MS & Frederiksted, St. Croix USVI

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:14 AM

All three are separate projects.  I changed the name as Martin suggested.  I had aiready discoveraed my error by the time I was ready to draw the bath house. Named it Real Bath House.   Thanks for the help guys.

Jack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users