#1 Tim Stockton

Tim Stockton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationWichita, KS

Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:31 PM

Has anyone put your plans out on Plantribe? If so, what are your thoughts?

#2 Brad Graber

Brad Graber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:29 AM

Sure looks intriguing.  I have my plans with several of the publishers already.  

#3 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationVilla Rica, Georgia

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:44 PM

Would have to do the math. What is a better deal?  60% of a house if you are starting out and only selling one a month (possibly) or paying $100 and possibly not have any sales.  From my standpoint the paying of 40% is worth me not having to deal with any marketing.  I make 60% whether they sit for one month or 12.  If same plan sits for 12 months and I have to pay $100 per I am out any money I could have made (some cases I just lost some)

Having the same problem with Houzz right now.  Looks good in the sales pitch but unless you are a design/build and in renovations I am losing money monthly by not getting leads that are for architectural services.  

"remember... what we are building today, should be what we want in the future"​
Version 10 to Version 2024+ and beyond
www.residentialproductions.com

#4 Verlin Klassen

Verlin Klassen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationBirnie, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:40 PM

I am thinking about posting some of my drawings online and am wondering if people actually buy much from places that sell stock plans. I would love to hear some of your experiences selling this way.

I did a little math comparing Plantribe with someone that takes a straight 60% commission.

Presuming you sell for $800.00 per set and you sell 2 sets in a year you would end up with $252.00 in your pocket from Plantribe and $640.00 from the other place.

If you sell 4 sets in a year you would end up with $1692.00 from Plantribe and $1280.00 from the other place.

I wouldn't be expecting to come close to making a living selling online, but a little supplement would be nice if it actually works. I realize that a very important factor is to have something that people like and present it in an attractive way.

Verlin Klassen

Westman Drafting

#5 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:57 PM

plantribe looks like a fishing scam to me.  I work with lots of different publishers and none of them charge up front or monthly fees.  I sell fairly regularly and am happy to have my commission show up without costing me anything each month.

• Steve and Carla Farnam likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users