6 replies to this topic

#1 John Rhodes

John Rhodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 02:29 PM

Just updated to v2018 from v2016. Is just me or is anyone else tired of the icon changes with nearly upgrade? I have to relearn what many of these icons are every time. Plus they get more and more cartoon-like. I say leave them alone. Maybe a minor gripe but it seems senseless to keep changing them. End rant.

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:02 PM

No it's NOT just you.

Personally, I preferred the OLD icons, They were much more understandable. But of course everything needs "updating". I'm not sure who decides what is the new trend, but could we arrange to have them shot, please!

• John Rhodes likes this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationVilla Rica, Georgia

Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:03 PM

I was with you John when I first updated but it doesn't take long to get used to it.  Less than a week and  didnt notice it anymore

• Allen McDonnell likes this

"remember... what we are building today, should be what we want in the future"​
Version 10 to Version 2024+ and beyond
www.residentialproductions.com

#4 Kevin Rabenaldt

Kevin Rabenaldt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 20 December 2017 - 04:26 PM

We must be getting old.  Change is hard.

• John Jones likes this

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 December 2017 - 09:56 PM

Try having a client who uses 2016, and then looking for a specific ICON ... until suddenly realizing that it doesn't look like the one you have NOW got fixed in your head. I occasionally have to switch back, and NOT using the ribbon bar means a lot of unfamiliar icons to re-remember

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#6 Kevin Rabenaldt

Kevin Rabenaldt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 21 December 2017 - 08:36 AM

I upgraded about a month ago.  I too am adjusting.  I feel the same way about Microsoft when they change things around in the Office Products.  Now where is that option I used once?

#7 John Rhodes

John Rhodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 09:12 AM

I am also like many of you. I still have v13 loaded and work on older drawings in there quite often. Only brought a few of them up and into v2012 when things were completely changed in SP and there were too many issues, particularly with materials/softlist. Now going back and forth becomes much more tiresome due to the ever-changing icons. I would suggest that the time spent on debating and implementing new icons that aren't needed go into features and fixes. Like Keith, I too prefer the OLD icons. Don't really care for how cartoonish they are becoming. Seems to cheapen the look and feel along with the "what is this icon? Oh, why has it changed for no reason?". I'm all for change when it is for advancement or betterment of something. But this issue seems useless and unnecessary. Again, maybe a silly gripe but valid in my opinion. Thanks for chiming in guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users