#1 Richard VanEk

Richard VanEk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Locationmichigan

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:21 AM

Just received my 2018.  It included another learning manual not a full user guide.  The last one I have was for 2014.  As I am semi retired don't use softplan  daily or even weekly, which leads me to the reference book quite often as my 70 year old brain requires.  My question is is there a user guide that is up to date (ei includes  new features and improvement)?

#2 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:35 AM

Printed versions are printed less and less. If you're a Softplan+ user, you have training videos available at start-up. Your best option is probably in the help tab at the top where you can search by contents, index or search (available to all Softplan users).

#3 Harald Schwegel

Harald Schwegel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:53 PM

While many people seemed not to realize it, in the past the printed "Learning SoftPlan" manual and the program Help were in fact the same document, primarily a listing of the features and functions in the program.

Rather than including a 900+ page manual that simply duplicates information already available in the program, the "Drawing with SoftPlan" manual is now included instead, whit its focus being on the steps to create a residential plan using SoftPlan.

The SoftPlan channel on YouTube provides another source of useful information, and as mentioned above, video tutorials are also available to those who are SoftPlan+ subscribers.

If you are simply looking for a list of what is new and improved in SoftPlan 2018, the best place to look might well be the 'SoftPlan 2018 Upgrade Brochure' found on the 'SoftPlan 2018Upgrade' page of the SoftPlan website.

• Allen McDonnell likes this

#4 Richard VanEk

Richard VanEk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Locationmichigan

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:59 AM

It is just sometime I forget the exact route to accomplish my goal.  Like the last time was putting a slope ceiling on a bath I was bidding to add a large  ADA access shower.  The existing ceiling was sloped t&g pine and the quickest way to refresh my memory was looking at the 2014 user guide.  Using the index a quick look as all I needed.  But looking at the user guide I realize how much is missing because of improvements.  I sure softplan offering a hard copy up-to-date would be a easy sell. Just my thoughts! 

#5 Jack Carson

Jack Carson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationSouthaven, MS & Frederiksted, St. Croix USVI

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:51 AM

Richard, I agree.  I much perfer the printed instructions.  I use 2014 and main reason I have not gone to 2018 is no user guide.  

Jack

#6 Steve and Carla Farnam

Steve and Carla Farnam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:40 AM

The online manual is printable. Select each topic and the drop down offers the option to

print the manual contents.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users