#1 Kris Marteinsson

Kris Marteinsson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSalmon Arm, BC

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:52 PM

My 3D zoom speed has become non existent. I can orbit properly but can't zoom with the scroll wheel. All other views scroll in and out with the scroll wheel. All other 3D programs I use work properly.

I have tried as per a search for solutions - 1) Hit the alt key. Doesn't work. 2) Set the 3d scroll speed in System Options to the maximum speed. Doesn't work.

Anyone have a possible solution for this<

Kris

#2 Harald Schwegel

Harald Schwegel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:21 PM

Have you tried restarting the PC? Easy to overlook but often helpful in resolving UI issues. Let us know if does/doesn't help.

#3 Kris Marteinsson

Kris Marteinsson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSalmon Arm, BC

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:13 PM

Yes, tried that. Always the first thing to try when things become peculiar.

#4 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:08 PM

It may be a driver conflict or a corrupt driver file. When you have multiple drivers loaded it can interfere with the operation of things like your mouse. Try uninstalling the mouse and letting the system reinstall it as a new piece of equipment. Restart and try again.

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

#5 Kris Marteinsson

Kris Marteinsson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSalmon Arm, BC

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:09 PM

So no luck with any of the suggestions. I can live with using the up and down arrows for the moment. Thanks for the help. I think this is a windows problem. I have had previous mouse problems after a Windows update. This is on a computer which had a clean install of windows from the beginning so the resolution of the problem is somewhat obscure. I pale at the thought of reinstalling windows.

#6 Harald Schwegel

Harald Schwegel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:38 AM

If you have mouse button software such as Logitech SetPoint, Logitech Options or Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center installed, I would suggest uninstalling those. They have a history of modifying mouse button behavior (which admittedly is their purpose) without the user realizing it. Note that these are not the same as mouse drivers, which the operating system will automatically install when it detects new hardware. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users