#1 Mark Beard

Mark Beard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:45 PM

Hi guys,

(1st post here).   Have been using SP for almost a full year now and have to say that I am constantly impressed each day at what I keep discovering!  And that's coming from a long time AutoCAD user (although I never did much residential with AutoCAD).  I've also been picking up several tips and tricks from this forum along the way, so thanks to all of the long time contributors!

Anyway...

Here is my issue.  I have been tinkering with the 3D modes across the Shaded, Sketched, and Textured default modes.  But is there any way to save my customized settings once I have "style" that I like?  I would think there is a way to update my system options to avoid doing this in each project.  Maybe?

How are you guys handling this? 

Mark

Mark Beard

LifeStage Home Designs
Office: 919.630.1224

Your future is in our plans

#2 Jason Bishop

Jason Bishop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:58 PM

Greetings Mark-
Going from memory here:
Once you have everything set the way you would like, go to file>material file> save
Save it as whatever name you like
Then when you want to use it, go to
file>material file>load and choose the file

You can also create as many as you like.

JLB
  • Allen McDonnell likes this

#3 Mark Beard

Mark Beard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:13 PM

Thanks Jason.  I did know about what you described to save the actual material/texture file and load it into another project.  That works great, especially if you want to save a color scheme from the default "beige 3D" material file.   But what I'm really after is, when I'm in a project, and let's say I'm in default "textured mode", I go into the mode options and turn on "line options" and "face options" and tweak those to how I like them.  Is there a way to save those settings as my default textured mode?   I mean, it's really only a few extra clicks to do this but it would be a nice way keep consistency in my work.

Mark Beard

LifeStage Home Designs

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:31 PM

Yes, you can set your render options as default.

In the C:\SoftPlan\3D\3D Render Options\Default folder, the file you want to overwrite is 3D.mro ... rename the original so you can restore if necessary, and save your file as 3D.mro

• Allen McDonnell likes this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#5 Mark Beard

Mark Beard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:44 PM

Thanks Keith.  Tried that and it does allow me to save what i would call a preferred "color scheme" and load it into another project.  But I'm still not getting the results I'm after (which maybe are not be possible).  Basically I'm trying to create my own blended version of SP's "sketched" and "textured" mode and have it show consistently when i drop down and select "textured" mode.  Just so I don't have any extra steps or clicks.  It would ultimately become my default textured mode.  does this make sense??  

Mark Beard

LifeStage Home Designs

#6 Mark Beard

Mark Beard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:55 PM

Keith I got it now!  I totally missed the .mro file and kept fooling around withe the material files (doh!).  Thank you so much, I think i have it from here! 

Mark Beard

LifeStage Home Designs

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3D, Textured, Renderings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users