#21 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:00 AM

Sorry Brad, I don't agree with the line change ... I specifically choose to draw line types and styles with draw select. I have the keyboard set as "L" to draw line, and "S" to draw select. if the draw select doesn't actually draw what I select, then there's not a lot of point in selecting it.

I will always want draw select to draw what I select ... Line, Linetype, colour, pen number, layer and everything that goes with it.

I would however, be more than happy for the pointers not to inherit the linetype. I can't remember ever wanting to draw a pointer with a dotted line.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#22 Brad Graber

Brad Graber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 06:04 AM

I think you mis-understood.  I love the draw select command it works great and I use it a lot.  It's just the fact that the lines, pointers, etc... inherit the last linetype in the future.  So in the future when I use the line command it draws a dashed or whatever the last linetype I used.  It's the inherit function of the lines that I don't like.  Most of the time I just want to draw a standard line. 

#23 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 15 April 2015 - 06:50 AM

Ahh ... Yes, I see .... you're saying that draw select changes the line type and although you you want to draw what is selected at the moment, you don't want the linetype to default to it for later, and want it to stay as it was before the draw select ... Agreed, I would like that too.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users