5 replies to this topic

#1 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:47 PM

Does anyone know if its possible to change the colors on building outlines?  I have a cabin that we need to show a 10' defendable space and 30' defendable space around the entire cabin.  I drew those with building outline in site mode and have them overlaid to show the space around the cabin footprint.  Normally I would use a hatch or paint to show those...builder asking me if I can show different colors so he can explain better to the building department.  I've never tried this so I don't even know where to start!  Tried editing the building outline itself but don't see a place to change any colors.

Thanks!

Sam

#2 Daniel Zanoli

Daniel Zanoli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:35 PM

Can you go to system options, assign color, site lines, building outline?  or others.

#3 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:49 PM

DRAWING OPTIONS ... Not SYSTEM OPTIONS. System options will change the colours for FUTURE drawings, DRAWING OPTIONS will change the colours on the CURRENT drawing.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#4 Kevin Rabenaldt

Kevin Rabenaldt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:45 PM

After you create your building line perimeters (using 10' and 30 offset command)  can't you just edit the line or polyline and change color?  I am missing the question?

#5 Daniel Zanoli

Daniel Zanoli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:30 AM

Your so right Keith...

#6 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:30 AM

I assume you're talking about FILL not edge colour?

I think that you'll have to paint it ... Put each outline on it's own layer (or all one one layer, depending on how you need to paint), Isolate that layer, paint, and then make all other layers visible again. I have a full set of colours as Image Paints (750 colours as bitmaps), so I can tone almost any colour. You can also then edit the opacity as required.

2018.02.07_08h38m13s_001.png

If you want the coloured paints, message me with an email address.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users