#1 Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:12 PM

does anyone know what i'm missing in my wall definition.  the lower siding is NOT pitching to the roof like its supposed to.

Attached Files

Joseph A. Smith

http://granitedesigngroup.com

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:45 AM

You're not missing anything ... I have seen this too, although I can't find my support ticket now 

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:43 AM

Thanks, i'll post back after they provide a solution to my ticket

Joseph A. Smith

http://granitedesigngroup.com

#4 Brad Graber

Brad Graber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:00 PM

Did you try playing with the "Fixed", "display height" or "transition Materials height"  Only a guess, sometimes playing around with diffrerent settings can cause unexpected results.   Maybe try a different siding definition, or even another material definition and then use a siding texture.  Just something to try.

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:24 PM

This is the response to my original query, although I don't think that my issue was quite the same, the cause may be - Transition Materials:

The issue where a wall with a Transition Material doesn't display correctly when fitting to a roof has already been forwarded onto our development team for further review. In the meantime I would recommend either adding a separate wall in the gable that uses the Shake material, or turning off the Transition Material feature before fitting the wall to the roof (Changes may need to be made to the wall definition after disabling Transition Material).

So it looks like it may be a transition material problem.

Try copying the wall and instead of using a transition material specifically design this wall to use the heights that you need.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users