#1 Mike Downing

Mike Downing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationPortola, Ca

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:54 AM

I thought I would (for fun) try following the new manual that came with 2016. As I went to 3D I found that certain walls had incomplete surfaces (drywall) where the exterior surface was showing. I don't recall running into this before. Anyone else have this happen? I've tried cleanup and moving the wall etc.

ScreenHunter_21 Apr. 06 05.46.jpg

Mike Downing

#2 Steve and Carla Farnam

Steve and Carla Farnam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:07 AM

Mike, If you enable the wall framing, extraction options, in 3D does it generate throughout the entire wall ? 

I had this issue once only when two similar walls were used with one of the wall definitions not having interior

drywall added.

Steve

#3 Mike Downing

Mike Downing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationPortola, Ca

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:18 AM

Hi Steve,

Here it is with wall framing extraction options enabled. Wall definitions are the same for all the walls.

Thanks

ScreenHunter_22 Apr. 06 06.13.jpg

Mike Downing

#4 Philip Frank

Philip Frank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:26 AM

I tried out 2016 for the 1st time this weekend and had a similar problem except my problem was with the exterior wall surface (Siding  A in my case) was missing along sections of a continuous wall. The problem seemed to occur where a beam or interior wall intersected the exterior wall. The only way I could fix it was to use the "Duplicate" command (I duplicated a bad wall with a normal wall) and that fixed it. I also had trouble with exterior outside corners cleaning up. They wouldn't come together regardless of what I did. Probably something I was doing wrong, cause I was trying all kinds of new things with 2016. I'll try some more experiments and let you know.

Phil

#5 Mike Downing

Mike Downing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationPortola, Ca

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:59 PM

Thanks Phil,

I'm also having problems with a corner not joining correctly. I think I'll send this off to tech support, I have a feeling it's a problem destined for another Patch.

ScreenHunter_23 Apr. 06 14.56.jpg

Mike Downing

#6 Mike Downing

Mike Downing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationPortola, Ca

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:07 PM

UPDATE:

SP Tech 49 responded to this issue.

To resolve the issue for now, edit the wall to any height, then re-edit to the original height. Tech 49 thanked me for bringing it to their attention, I'm assuming there will be a fix soon.

Mike Downing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users