• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Richard Ronan

Richard Ronan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:39 PM

I am starting to move into rendering for my plans.  I have several clients which love using LED strip lighitng for indirect and hidden lighting effects.  Usually hiding behind the crown molding or under a scotia on a tread.  Any advice on how to place strip lighting in Soft plan?  

I have tried messisimply changing the dimensions and light values for fluorescents but that just doesn't work, and there doesnt appear to be a way to reorient them in 3-d space ( i.e. point them up )

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-R

Thanks,

-R

#2 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:07 AM

I created 3D electrical symbols to represent strip lighting. I just made dotted rectangle and atmospheric lights (spot lighting) on top of the rectangle with the light sources direction down and then created 2D symbols which them. Link the 3D symbols (if required) to the 2D symbols and you can put the 2D symbols under your cabinets or other and turn them on or off.

#3 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:48 PM

Keep in mind you need to create them in 3D Drawing Mode to add the light source. Use a construction point to create the grip for the electrical connections if you use them.

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users