#1 Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:04 AM

I think the latest update 2018.4.7 change the way we select cabinet doors & drawers.  Can someone confirm.  I believe now we have to scroll thru long lists to find things.

Attached Files

Joseph A. Smith

http://granitedesigngroup.com

#2 Steven Kirchoff

Steven Kirchoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationSt. Cloud, Minnesota

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:10 AM

That's the way it looks to me too.

#3 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationVilla Rica, Georgia

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:27 AM

Cabinet Face Layout – Specialty Libraries

Specialty folders that contain atypical cabinet face layouts have been added to the Standard, Tall, Vanity, and Wall face layout libraries

"remember... what we are building today, should be what we want in the future"​
Version 10 to Version 2024+ and beyond
www.residentialproductions.com

#4 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationVilla Rica, Georgia

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:29 AM

Joseph:

I have not done the download yet as I have to make sure all my keys do it at the same time but from what you posted it looks like they added it graphically instead of the listing like it used to be and that they combined the face with the drawer and door count perhaps.  

It states specialty cabinets so not sure why a plain base would change

"remember... what we are building today, should be what we want in the future"​
Version 10 to Version 2024+ and beyond
www.residentialproductions.com

#5 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:42 AM

You are correct Joe. Some major improvements were made to the Cabinet Face Selections. The end result is a much better interface for selecting the desired cabinet face configuration.

The search mechanism that you are looking for is still available under the Search option at the bottom left. In prior versions, this was the only way to view the cabinet faces and you selected them by name and could only view one face at a time. With the new layout, you get a dialog similar to the Symbol dialog that will show the selection of faces, a 3D preview and also have the search option available if needed.

Attached Files

#6 Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:52 AM

ah yes, i see it.  Clicking search brings up the dialog boxes we're used to seeing.  Thank You for leaving that.

Joseph A. Smith

#7 Tim Stockton

Tim Stockton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationWichita, KS

Posted 23 March 2018 - 09:07 AM

Wish I could agree that this is an improved interface, but I can't.  The new interface now takes more time and extra steps when putting in cabinets.  It was much cleaner and efficient the way it used to be...  just my thoughts....

#8 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 10:52 AM

Yup...gotta say this was a huge step backwards.  Absolutely hate the way cabinets behave now

#9 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:10 PM

Since pretty much the only change I ever make to cabinets is change a 1 door to 2 doors (and vice versa) or add a drawer pack, I don't really mind it, but it seems to me to be a huge menu to have to scroll through to find anything specific. I can see why some people might find it awkward.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#10 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:42 PM

Just to clarify, you now have a graphical view of the library selected and you can sort that library to show your most common Cabinet Face layouts near the top. That alone should eliminate the need to do a search in most cases.

If needed, selecting the Search option will pull up the old search mechanism exactly as it was before.

Please note however, that you may experience a slight speed difference upon initially accessing each of the Cabinet Face libraries until new thumbnails are generated for each of the the Cabinet Faces. Once the thumbnails are generated, they will not need to be generated again and they will appear without a delay.

#11 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:23 PM

Hadn't realized that the search function brought up the old menu selection. That works nicely for me.

How do you sort the library?

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#12 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:26 PM

A slightly related question ...

Why do my cabinets show as having multiple textures, and where do I fix that?

Attached File  2018.03.23_15h25m28s_004_.png   99.25KB   1 downloads

Keith

#13 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:41 PM

You can sort the Cabinet Faces as with other libraries. File- System Options- System Library- Select the 'Cabinet Face Layout' library-  'Sort Symbol' and use the 'Move to Top' Option.

Attached Files

#14 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:45 PM

Keith,

If you can send us a ticket with a drawing that has some cabinets drawn on it that exhibit the different finishes, we will take a look.

#15 Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:45 PM

Sorting function will be handy, I only use a handful of configurations....i'll just throw them to the top.  Now lazy me needs to sort them.

• Gary McKeon likes this

Joseph A. Smith

#16 Tim Stockton

Tim Stockton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationWichita, KS

Posted 28 March 2018 - 09:06 AM

Sounds like a lot of extra work that we didn't have to do before.  Even if I take the time for the sort, it will still take longer to layout cabinets than it did before.  I think a better solution would be to give us the options we had before (now found in search) on the same menu screen.  Then we could work either way without having to take extra steps to define the faces of every single cabinet we insert. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users