#1 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:33 PM

Good Afternoon,

I am about to start a design project, where we are going to provide 3 options, and the client wants to see them rendered.  Most (but not all) of the design changes that would affect the rendering will be on the second floor.  Do you typically do a project for each option?  One large project with several different second floor drawing, then build the model, save the image, and repeat for each option?  Is there a way to have multiple model in a project?

Any recommendations would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Dave

#2 D M

D M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Location..

Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:49 PM

Your Model is a result of the drawings you stack in the Model

(you know that of course)

I think your initial thoughts of approaching it are feasible, .. (I'm sure others will suggest alternative approaches)

Within the same Project you can create drawings for the different Second Floors with their respective ‘optional’ differences and named accordingly to anything that makes sense to you.

By removing the drawing for ‘Option One’ from your model stack and replacing it with drawing for ‘Option Two’, (etc) you can create the different renderings you need while keeping all your drawings within the same Project

.. invariably, someone will have a simpler solution.

#3 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:03 PM

As much as possible I use Building Options. Then you can switch between the various options. When I have to do modifications to items that are related to all options (these are on the Default Building Option), I only have to do it once.

If the plans vary to much between each, then I might create a floor plan for each.

• Brent Hyndman likes this

#4 Heath Foster

Heath Foster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:04 PM

Have you thought about using Buildnig options? You could have one option for whatever is common to the three different designs, and one option for what is unique to each of the designs. Then you can quickly turn them on and off.

#5 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationVilla Rica, Georgia

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:18 PM

I also use building options.  Turn on and off easily and all in one project

"remember... what we are building today, should be what we want in the future"​
Version 10 to Version 2024+ and beyond
www.residentialproductions.com

#6 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:06 AM

Don't know Dave which version you're using but with the Building Options, using versions 2016 or 2018 is definetely worth it because a lot more flexibility was introduced some that the same items can be on different Building Options compared to the older versions.

Building Options allows you to link the same Building Options on your floor plans, elevations, sections, ... so that by activating a specific Building Option it will change on all. 

• John Jones and Brent Hyndman like this

#7 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:05 PM

Building Options....learn to use them....You will love them and makes for good (and quick) dialogue with clients.  It also saves you from making 100 different drawings and always having to remove and rearrange model stack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users